Does this mean higher prices on carrots, napkins & cake mix?

Options
Keiko
Keiko Posts: 764

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    Options
    Carrots you say? I think Bugs Bunny has some ‘splainin’ to do…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,052
    Options
    Well -- I suppose this means that carrot cake is the next currency.

PS Y'all can grow carrots. Just sayin'.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Yes, especially in Hawaii.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Yes, especially in Hawaii.

Agriculture has dropped off significantly here. When I first got here back in 1980, there were pineapple fields as far as the eye could see as well as sugar cane. That's all gone now. My wife in her younger days used to work at the Dole Cannery. That to is now gone as well as the landmark, giant pineapple that stood there for years.

Not to worry tho, soon all of our food will be constructs grown in labs. Heck! We've already got fungus burgers. Enjoy those Impossible Whoppers and have it your way.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/23/business/lab-grown-meat-explainer/index.html