Replacement advice for '06 Sienna stereo

Options
dpowell
dpowell Posts: 3,061
edited July 2023 in Car Audio & Electronics
Im not really knowledgeable on car audio and looking for advice on something to replace the stock DVD/CD/Navigation head unit that came with my 2006 Sienna Limited. It died and Id like to have the backup camera working again. I am not really interested in spending a ton or in replacing the JBL speakers it came with. The van also has the ceiling mounted DVD player that plays through the sound system but it isnt necessary that it continue to function.

Options Id like to have
Music playback ability
Bluetooth connectivity for mobile device audio playback
Backup camera

Options I dont care about
Dvd or cd playback
Navigation
Cell phone bluetooth hands free
Cellular service/internet connectivity

Thanks in advance.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,533
    Options
    https://www.crutchfield.com/S-RcnUi5pEkHj/p_113DDX9907/Kenwood-Excelon-DDX9907XR.html?XVINQ=GM0&XVVer=13C4&awcr=625418921640&awdv=c&awnw=g&awug=9010687&awkw=kwd-896443416395&awmt=p&awat=

o2ovuj9fduiz.png

You probably won't find one that doesn't have what you don't want but this will be something that will replace what you have and still utilize the features that your vehicle utilizes including the drop down DVD player. Highly adjustable and compatible with all of the bells and whistles that come with a vehicle with plenty of additional features for future upgrades, if you ever wanted them.

Shop around. This is a one or two year old model. You may be able to catch a break somewhere from a company looking to unload "old" inventory to make room for the latest and greatest.

As for the connectors? It should be plug and play but you would need to speak with a pro about install to find out if this is the case.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,061
    Options
    Thanks Tom, much appreciated!

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,221
    Options
    Android auto and apple car play are a game changer for me, I highly recommend it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.