R700 sale price

Options
coral191
coral191 Posts: 17
I'm wanting to buy a pair of R700s in the next few months. I am willing to wait some for the best sale price. I noticed the Walnut finish R700s are on sale for $200 off on each. ($1,800 vs regular $2,200 pr)
Is this likely to be the best price I'm gonna find of should I wait?
Is there usually a big Polk sale at certain times of the year?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,609
    edited July 2023
    Options
    We do not typically know of big sale price drops until someone posts the information here. Polk referb's are usually a good bet as well. If your luck is as good as mine you'll find out about the super exellent price only after it has been ongoing for a few days or weeks only then to find out the color you want was the first to sell out.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,375
    Options
    The last sale through Polk directly didn't include all of the models. The R700s were out of stock for a long time so it's a bit surprising they're on sale everywhere for $899 a piece currently. Polk must have got a big supply of them in for distribution.

They're bound to go on sale for a lower price at some point but that point is unknown. The sales don't seem to follow a set timetable but the 20 percent or so off is routine when the speakers are in good supply.

Of course given the state of inflation they could also go up in price. If I was really looking for a pair of R700s and could afford them I'd take the current offer.
  • chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    Options
    Use camelcamelcamel to set up an email alert when the price on Amazon goes below a threshold. You'll never miss another sale price.

If it's on sale on Amazon through 3rd party sellers it's bound to be on sale anywhere you want to buy it.
  • coral191
    coral191 Posts: 17
    Options
    Is it generally better to order from Polk? or Crutchfield or maybe Best Buy?
  • DStachour
    DStachour Posts: 6
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Polk as they have a 60 day return policy (Best Buy is only 15 days) with free return shipping (Crutchfield does not pay for return shipping).
    Home Theater 5.1.2: Marantz SR5012 receiver, Polk R700 and R400 across the front and Klipsch CDT-5650-C II In-Wall/Ceiling surrounds, SVS SB2000 sub, Epson 5050 projector, Apple TV 4K
    Family Room 2.0: Yamaha RX-V373 receiver, Polk RTi A9 speakers, TCL 4K TV, Apple TV 4K, Squeezebox Duet
    Office 2.1: Rotel RA-11 Integrated amp, GoldenEar Aon3 speakers, SVS SB2000 sub, TCL 4K TV, Apple TV 4K, Squeezebox Duet
    Master Bedroom 2.0: JVC RX-318 receiver, Polk R15, Squeezebox Duet