Major Bose Recall

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,808
edited July 2023 in The Clubhouse
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    I always knew they were a hot product
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    Would you like your sub toasted?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    Options
    The original Major Bowes:

15dub9ffl3ag.png
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    “Sold At:
    Bose stores, Best Buy, Circuit City, Sam’s Club, Sears and other electronics stores nationwide, and online at Bose.com from January 1994 through April 2007 …”

Sheesh, took ‘em a while!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Only 21 meltdown reports over 884,000 units probably means a bean counter desire to take the potential liability off the balance sheet more than anything else. The 40 percent off a new soundbar may or may not be a smokin' hot deal for some.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Their new commercial jingle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqsYNc_M988
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Had a pair of Series 1, 301s way back in the early 80s that I bought from the PX. Part of my first, real stereo system which consisted of a Sansui Integrated, Tuner, EQ, an Akai Cassette and Pioneer Turntable. I liked this rig a lot and it gave me many hours of enjoyment. I still have bits and pieces of it stored in my gear closet. The amp gave up the ghost years ago and Janey, unknown to me at the time took it to the landfill and dumped it. An act that causes divorces. >:) Good for her that I <3 her too much.

I ended up giving the 301s to my brother after I bought my RTi6s. Something I regret doing now. Love or hate Bose, that series of 301 bookshelf were decent. They were around 30yrs old when I passed them over to my brother and in near mint condition.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    It's a start.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,280
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Mike, I would suggest that the Sansui integrated and tuner were key components in your system

Signed
    Sansui Fanboy 👍⛩️🇯🇵
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The original Major Bowes:

15dub9ffl3ag.png

Rascal! You beat me to it! B)

EDIT:
    PS The Major really had a face made for radio, didn't he? ;)
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I don't think any self respecting member here will be affected by this recall.😐
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I was glad to see it didn't include headphones.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Mike, I would suggest that the Sansui integrated and tuner were key components in your system

Signed
    Sansui Fanboy 👍⛩️🇯🇵

I'm definitely a Sansui Fanboy. I still have the Analog Tuner and Graphic EQ from that rig. The Integrated was an AU D5, rated conservatively at 65WPC into 8ohms. That kit used to slam though. I still have cassettes that still play to this day recorded from the Akai deck I chose for it. I gave Steve, @shack the Pioneer Turntable I used for many years with this rig. He was into the vintage, silver faced Pio gear from the day.