Eosone speakers and Polk Audio history

Options
halen
halen Posts: 677
edited June 2023 in The Clubhouse
Anyone remember Eosone? I did not know the ties to Polk Audio. I did like Eosone back in the 90s.

I have not verified this video, just an aging audio'ish guy with random flashes of memory instances of audio.

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/mTU-dxRHR50

Comments

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,016
    Options
    That was interesting.
    Never heard of Eosone.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,375
    edited June 2023
    Options
    It looks like some of what Eosone did ended up in the RT line that went over to Circuit City as a primary retailer before ecommerce was a thing. From what I remember, back in that era Best Buy was selling Bose and JBL mainly. I even bought a pair of Advent Heritage speakers there. I never saw a pair of Eosone speakers in a Best Buy. Might be because they weren't around for long and the Best Buy store near me opened after those speakers left the marketplace.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,607
    Options
    My BB sold a gob of them. They also sold REAL legit audio gear there as well. In the beginning our BB sold good high quality amps, preamps cassette decks, high end Sony ES gear and other stuff. Today they sell high dollar bottom of the sludge barrel audio gear and some great TV's. To be perfectly honest they are a household appliance store that sells phones and computer gear.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,375
    Options
    Yeah, I was in Best Buy just about every weekend back in the 1990s into the 2000s since they were my main source of CDs and DVDs. I spent a lot of money there.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,611
    Options
    I was thinking of BB for a new TV. And that’s about it.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,574
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I have a pair of the RSF-600's in a 2nd rig. Not bad speakers at all.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    That Monster XP and the blurry images just sells it for me! I do remember those at my local Best Buy. At the time I had no idea they were connected to Polk. Pretty sure any drivers in those are unobtainoum these days.