The “What Dumb Thing Have You Done” KARMA

Options
PSOVLSK
PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
Due to my boneheaded shipping error, we have an Elton John: Madman Across the Water SACD up for Karma.

To enter, just post something dumb you’ve done. Misery loves company and and so does embarrassment, so don’t leave me on this island alone.

My story: Steve @gudnoyez bought Captain Fantastic… from me, so you can imagine his surprise when he received Madman Across the Water. Yes, I shipped him the wrong SACD. To add to the story, while the SACD was in transit, I actually listened to the SACD I was supposed to have shipped him and my mistake never dawned on me…until I got the pm from Steve letting me know I’d sent the wrong disc. He now has the correct disc, so we have decided to Karma this one rather than ship it back to me.

Let’s hear your stories. And feel free to visit my for sale ad for SACD’s. I promise I’ll send you the one you order😉
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Oh Paul I’ve got loads…but for this story I’m pretty sure it was actually @gudnoyez that I sold an adcom gfa-535 many years ago. BUT…I shipped him a pair of def tech SM-450s that I had sold on eBay. Luckily the eBay buyer who got the adcom was very cool about it (as was Steve) and I emailed them both labels to exchange the goods. The ebayer got his def techs just fine, but ole Steve got a jacked up adcom and I had to refund his money. Thanks Steve for being cool about it…cause I had three kids under 5 and was riding the struggle bus 😂. Your grace did not go unrecognized friend.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    I bought the Judas Priest album "Turbo" in 1986. :'(
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    pfft....I married the same woman....TWICE! And naturally divorced the same woman...twice! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    pfft....I married the same woman....TWICE! And naturally divorced the same woman...twice! lol

Winner winner chicken dinner!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I could write a book.
    Heck, I could script a miniseries (or whatever they're called nowadays).
    I've received the benefit of so many karmas here, though, I'll take a rain check this time.
    but...
    I wanna say one thing.
    Madman is a great album. B) Not 100% great, but absolutely not the dud that some folks (critics) seemed to think it was when it was new.
    For example: Listen, if you haven't (ever -- or recently) to Holiday Inn and Rotten Peaches. Quintessential EJ without the silly glasses and outfits. ;)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    Had two kids after the age of 50... the first is fun, but the second is kicking my AZZ! I love them both dearly however, but my body is just not capable of keeping up any longer.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Had two kids after the age of 50... the first is fun, but the second is kicking my AZZ! I love them both dearly however, but my body is just not capable of keeping up any longer.

Ouch! Yes my 4th was at 35 and I thought that was hard…but at least Al’s got you beat!

https://wacotrib.com/entertainment/movies/al-pacino-83-is-set-to-become-a-father-again/article_31536503-c2b2-501f-8fbe-37094611e48e.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_wacotrib
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I picked this as a hobby.. $$$$$$

Actually lining my speakers with BH5

Not in by the way, as I already own it.. LOL!!!

Great Karma..
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I bought the Judas Priest album "Turbo" in 1986. :'(

Bahahahahahahaha LOL!!! Classic..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Ouch! Yes my 4th was at 35 and I thought that was hard…but at least Al’s got you beat!

https://wacotrib.com/entertainment/movies/al-pacino-83-is-set-to-become-a-father-again/article_31536503-c2b2-501f-8fbe-37094611e48e.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_wacotrib

Al's dumber than a box of rocks. It's going to be just another fatherless child born to a wealthy parent who will not be there. It's like we need more of that in this country!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »

My Brother did the same thing I gave him about a year on the 2nd go round it lasted only 5 months.
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Oh Paul I’ve got loads…but for this story I’m pretty sure it was actually @gudnoyez that I sold an adcom gfa-535 many years ago. BUT…I shipped him a pair of def tech SM-450s that I had sold on eBay. Luckily the eBay buyer who got the adcom was very cool about it (as was Steve) and I emailed them both labels to exchange the goods. The ebayer got his def techs just fine, but ole Steve got a jacked up adcom and I had to refund his money. Thanks Steve for being cool about it…cause I had three kids under 5 and was riding the struggle bus 😂. Your grace did not go unrecognized friend.

I remember that almost wanted to keep the Def Techs but already had enough speakers. I ended up with a 545 that I still use with my CRS+s
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    So Paul will pick a winner by drawing names out of a hat, and I will forward the lucky winner his prize.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    Options
    rcvguv0p69z2.jpg
    woxe7cx9l0d6.jpg

Somebody else has had to do something dumb worth sharing, share it for a chance to win this SACD. C'mon nothing to be ashamed about amongst fellow Polkies, let's hear em.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• PSOVLSK
    Options
    Last call. I plan to draw a winner tomorrow night.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    No really dumb stuff here other than reconnecting things while powered up. Thought the 60hz hum from touching the center pin of the RCA cable to the shield was going to eject the woofers across the room. Already have that SACD, so excluded me.
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 111
    Options
    Only shipping error I made was when I was sending a golf stand bag to NC and a box of OpusX to CA. Put the wrong sticker on each one and went to the airport to mail them. Got in the car and drove off after mailing them and started to wonder why shipping a heavy golf bag to NC was cheaper than sending a smaller box to CA. Pulled over and checked the receipt and saw the mistake. Ran back to the PO and told them I had made a big error. Fortunately they were very understanding and about a half hour later they found both boxes and fixed the mistake for me.

John
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    And the winner is….

nooshinjohn

pm Steve @gudnoyez with your address.

Congrats and thanks to all who shared a time when you were not quite perfect.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    WOW!!!! I am very grateful! Thank you so much.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Congratulations John you sold the Yamaha player assuming you still got the Oppo 205 which will definitely make this disc shine. I got your PM so I will get this off in the next couple of days.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• rooftop59
    Options
    Congrats John! Great karma Paul!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • IteachSTEM
    IteachSTEM Posts: 50
    Options
    I went into education thinking I could make a decent living...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I once ordered Pearl Jam (Avacado cover) vinyl from Amazon. It was so warped it was unplayable. I returned it and ordered another one…exact same issue. I returned it again and ordered a third one because I REALLY wanted this album. Same unplayable warp. So I finally gave up.

About 6 months later looking for something to play, what do I find?? I already owned the damn thing!!!
    Lol Dyin'!
    I disabled signatures.