PSW-10 - No Feet available?

Options
I recently purchased a Polk Factory Refurbished PSW-10. Performance wise it's perfect. But one of the four feet was damaged with only a metal post remaining. No problem, call Polk Customer Support to get the part, right? Nope, they said, and I quote "We no longer have that part. Sorry... Have a nice day". So even though it has a 2 year warranty, a broken/missing foot, which is not a minor cosmetic blemish and/or imperfection, is not covered? While I can certainly go to a Hardware Store and likely purchase some kind of replacement(s), it seems that something like a small original foot replacement could/should be available?

Answers

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,326
    edited May 2023
    Options
    If I am not mistaken, you can replace the footer with any 1/4-20 threaded spike or rubber foot.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    BuffyPin wrote: »
    I recently purchased a Polk Factory Refurbished PSW-10. Performance wise it's perfect. But one of the four feet was damaged with only a metal post remaining. No problem, call Polk Customer Support to get the part, right? Nope, they said, and I quote "We no longer have that part. Sorry... Have a nice day". So even though it has a 2 year warranty, a broken/missing foot, which is not a minor cosmetic blemish and/or imperfection, is not covered? While I can certainly go to a Hardware Store and likely purchase some kind of replacement(s), it seems that something like a small original foot replacement could/should be available?

Post a pic of a good foot and the one in question.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    It appears Buffy wasn't really interested in finding a solution.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BuffyPin
    BuffyPin Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, as President of Polk Club I would think that you would understand that some of us have extremely busy lives which occasionally delays a prompt response. Perhaps not. Back to the issue, pics are attached. Is there a Polk replacement part for the missing foot?2nm19z9oy0lm.jpglgjdcxgqtshn.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    Are you wanting spiked feet or something similar to that? That appears to be your basic nail in plastic foot/feet. Here is some examples. Some come with protective floor disc's some do not.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_str=tip+toes

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/yung-tiptoes/feet/
  • F1nut
    Options
    BuffyPin wrote: »
    Wow, as President of Polk Club I would think that you would understand that some of us have extremely busy lives which occasionally delays a prompt response. Perhaps not. Back to the issue, pics are attached. Is there a Polk replacement part for the missing foot?2nm19z9oy0lm.jpglgjdcxgqtshn.jpg

Wow, as someone asking for help you'd think they would be more responsive to those willing to help them.

Here are your feet, https://www.amazon.com/Furniture-Glides-Wooden-Chairs-Stools/dp/B07DN54PBJ/ref=asc_df_B07DN54PBJ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242081901753&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7984158055680092815&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008062&hvtargid=pla-491255680058&psc=1

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    You're welcome

President of Club Polk