Hacked

Options
hochpt21
hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
It looks like someone started 2 FS threads on May 19. These are not my threads and I do not have that equipment.

I just changed my password and logged out and in. I’m going to change my avatar as well.
2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A

Comments

• hochpt21
    Options
    I just change my avatar to a picture of my system
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    How do we know you're the real one..... Hmmm
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hochpt21
    Options
    I changed my avatar to a picture of my system which is from the last thread I started here a little while back. Hopefully that proves I’m the real slim shady.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/197547/new-speakers-for-the-man-cave/p1
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Or I could also start a thread about needing a source for black paint B)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited May 2023
    Options
    ^^^
    Excellent! @interrogator_hermitism
    #waterboarding

Greaaaat story, P - Genius idea, too!
    How many times were you able to sell the Marantz?
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    Options
    I'm skeptical but if you know some of those amazing questions above I'll be sold!

What a great mini quiz
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Making your avatar a pic that was posted in a thread proves nothing. I'm afraid you are going to have to answer a series of questions that only a long time member would know. :smiley:

1. (2010) Jesse said he'd never have this component in his system. (2023) Jesse now has that component in his system. What is it?
    2. Name two members that left the forum and had their posts deleted?
    3. It's a what kind of Friday Night?
    4. What did Drew stop doing several years ago and kept with his promise?
    5. What epic thing did Larry build that spawned a short novel?
    6. If you had a grammar question, what member would you ask?
    7. What member used to post pics of beautiful women? Two answers are acceptable.
    8. Skinny jeans! Name that member.
    9. Audioquest cables are the best cables, but they make me a little nervous. Name the member.

What is the prize if we can answer all the questions correctly lol?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Making your avatar a pic that was posted in a thread proves nothing. I'm afraid you are going to have to answer a series of questions that only a long time member would know. :smiley:

1. (2010) Jesse said he'd never have this component in his system. (2023) Jesse now has that component in his system. What is it? TT
    2. Name two members that left the forum and had their posts deleted? Skip, Kerry
    3. It's a what kind of Friday Night? Bluefox
    4. What did Drew stop doing several years ago and kept with his promise? Drinking
    5. What epic thing did Larry build that spawned a short novel? Rings
    6. If you had a grammar question, what member would you ask? Viking
    7. What member used to post pics of beautiful women? Two answers are acceptable. Mike, I like pie!!
    8. Skinny jeans! Name that member. PFB
    9. Audioquest cables are the best cables, but they make me a little nervous. Name the member.
    Joey

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    Options
    @txcoastal1 - WRONG!
    The answer to #1 is a soundbar!
    I disabled signatures.
  • hochpt21
    edited May 2023
    Options

1. (2010) Jesse said he'd never have this component in his system. (2023) Jesse now has that component in his system. What is it?

Turntable

3. Name two members that left the forum and had their posts deleted?

Ricardo, but then he came back and bought my MF 308. And then sold it to dromunds.

5. It's a what kind of Friday Night?
    6. What did Drew stop doing several years ago and kept with his promise?
    7. What epic thing did Larry build that spawned a short novel?

Rings

8. If you had a grammar question, what member would you ask?
    9. What member used to post pics of beautiful women? Two answers are acceptable.

Rick!!

11. Skinny jeans! Name that member.

Polk Farm Boy

13. Audioquest cables are the best cables, but they make me a little nervous. Name the member.

Dammit I know a few of them! Answers above.
  • msg
    Options
    Fail!
    GUARDS!!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

7. What member used to post pics of beautiful women? Two answers are acceptable.

Winner gets a pic of my system that you can use as your avatar.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options

Winner gets a pic of my system that you can use as your avatar.

We already have a picture of fisher price gear!
  • msg
    Options
    I wonder if that Marantz sale thread was AI written. I mean, it didn't not sound like P.

Thinking back, though, P. did seem a bit more serious and quiet in the post. It was as if he came home from work Friday night looking forward to a nice Friday night dinner, but then had to eat old fish sticksand it made him feel a little sad before he posted his FS thread.

The lesson here, P., is to not eat old fish sticks before writing your sale listing. Look at Trey's FS listings. I bet that guy never eats fish sticks.

Always thought we'd be in trouble if phishers ever got the spelling and grammar problem sorted...
    I disabled signatures.
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Well here are a couple PM’s he sent.

3z3nfjry4nqa.jpeg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    That's to pushy to be legit

Buyers beware, glad no one got scammed
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Also this…

c3pdzx4e1hv3.jpeg
  • VR3
    Options
    This is just a reminder boobies is not password to use
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    This is just a reminder boobies is not password to use

have to write it in 1337 No hacker'd ever think of that. B)
    Just a free tip for your internet safety from your pal Marc.
    Umm...
    I mean Mark.
    Yeah.
    Mark.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Honestly if I hacked your account I would have changed your password and took over your account. You wouldn't have been able to get in to change your password.
    This guy was an amateur!

I'm very glad you were able to assume control over your account.
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Me too. I had the same password for a long time. This was a good reminder to change it more frequently.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,695
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm very glad you were able to assume control over your account.

I'll bring that to the attention of all planets of The Solar Federation.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options

Lightman will come to your house and destroy your shrubbery.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Very strange...
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    edited May 2023
    Options
    So P. - notice I haven't been using your full name, which is Pablo, in case Mike Perez is watching - you *gotta* tell us what your old password was now lol :D

Yikes, yeah that correspondence should have been enough to make anyone suspicious. The AI was apparently turned off after the initial FS post.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want anyone I don't know giving me a Zelle.
    05hr80kb1hu5.png

Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options

"Shall I give you a zelle?" -- sounds like the second sentence uttered after "Hello, Sailor!"

:#

(sorry, sorry... I know this is a serious thread about a serious subject!)

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Crazy ****. Glad nobody got scammed.
  • VR3
    Options
    I give you the zelle, no one **** with the Jesus, 8 year olds dudes.. 8 year olds... Know your roll Donnie! Enough with the **** toe!