Steven Tyler and Polk 1.2TL's

Options
Look whats sitting beside him..

https://youtu.be/FHl6dcwp7NI

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    TL's it looks like, unmodded and towed in... I wonder if they are for sale.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Very cool!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options

In the market for some ?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    They were the very first band I saw. It was a very small place, so up close, personal and extremely loud. The ringing in my ears lasted the entire next day.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    edited May 2023
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    They were the very first band I saw. It was a very small place, so up close, personal and extremely loud. The ringing in my ears lasted the entire next day.

We saw aerosmith perform upclose and personal in 1974 in the santa monica civic auditorium. Damn those were the days
  • joebass3
    joebass3 Posts: 252
    edited May 2023
    Options
    My first concert as well, 1975 at the Capital Centre in MD. Had seats in the nose bleed section but we didn't care, it was an awesome show!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I saw Aerosmith in the early 80’s, couldn’t wait to see them. My stepsisters warned me that the sucked live, and they were right, definitely one of my biggest disappointments going to a show.

Fast forward to 2002, Aerosmith, Kid Rock, and RUN DMC do a tour together, the wife and I get tickets to see them in Vegas. About a month before the show Jam Master Jay is killed. We honestly thought they might cancel the tour.

The show went on, we flew to Vegas, nothing else we were excited to see Kid Rock (we have flown there numerous times to see him.)

Kid Rock came out and rocked the house..

But after that great show comes Aerosmith!!

Aerosmith came out with loaded guns, and was taking down anything in their path.
    It was AMAZING!!! It was everything I wanted it to be in the early 80’s.

We were in complete awe, I’m a huge Kid Rock fan, and they made Kid Rock seem like a toy gun compared to the arsenal they brought..
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

In the market for some ?

If they were his, and he signed the crossover plates.... HELL YEAH!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Saw Aerosmith in 87 or so. It was pre-Permanent Vacation....but, yeah, they sucked. Loudly. Tyler was so high, he probably didn't even know his own name......
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Saw them about 10 years ago. Chalk one up for the old guys as they put on a very good show.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options

They'll probably have a lot of residue on the drivers.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    I like some of Aerosmith's music, but Steven is not a reference quality human being.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/steven-tyler-sexual-assault-minor-lawsuit-1234653817/
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    pqvietqtwr9f.jpg
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • odcics2
    odcics2 Posts: 309
    Options
    Looks like Aerosmith was responsible for a lot of hearing loss!!

:o