SDA - 2B's never used

rmarquart
rmarquart Posts: 7
edited March 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I bought these speakers in 1991 in California and never set them up because I was retiring in a month to Colorado. I didn't have the space to use them properly in my new Colorado house, so they have been sitting in my attic since then in the original boxes with foam and plastic covering.
The manual says "SDA - 2A" but there is an addendum manual which gives the specs for the 2B's and other models. I've sent along a picture attachment of the box ends where all the information is, but basically it says "SDA - 2B, studio black(there all wood) and some serial numbers. My camera isn't the greatest so please email me any questions you may have.
I know the shipping will be a bear, but this still would be a rare find for someone they are perfect!
Asking price $500.00
E-Bay member profile; Richard Marquart (24*)

NEWS FLASH !!!!!!
THESE SPEAKERS ARE UP FOR SALE AGAIN
Post edited by rmarquart on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2005
    I'm in KC and am a novice but vintage and clean is my quest. I would be willing to drive for a your pair if they are that clean. You can PM me or email me. I have references if you desire.

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • rmarquart
    edited March 2005
    to henry,
    these speakers are not just clean ! they are perfect. show up at my door with cash in hand and they are yours
    richard marquart
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2005
    Way to go HBomb!!

Git'r'done!!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2005
    Argh! foiled again! I'll be at Henry's!
  • HBombToo
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    Argh! foiled again! I'll be at Henry's!

only after you take the raod trip with me;)
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2005
    Damn, boxes and everything. Good grab!
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited March 2005
    Nice to see these stay in the club.

Thanks for offering those here, Richard.

Hey, Henry, Wolf Creek Pass can be a **** this time of year, be sure and pack survival gear.:D :D
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2005
    wow... talk about a hell of a deal!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2005
    My day is quasi-made.

Henry....... kicking **** & taking drivers!

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited March 2005
    Cool beans, Henry! The 2B's are what hooked me on SDA's. You'll really enjoy them.

I can just picture this guy telling his wife: "Yeah honey, there's the two guys I never met - one named bomb sumpthin' the other thug sumpthin' - on their way here to pick up the speakers." :p
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by BlueMDPicker
    Cool beans, Henry! The 2B's are what hooked me on SDA's. You'll really enjoy them.

I can just picture this guy telling his wife: "Yeah honey, there's the two guys I never met - one named bomb sumpthin' the other thug sumpthin' - on their way here to pick up the speakers." :p

Pffffffffffttt....Mike, try telling your spouse that about 20 of these lunatics, many that you've never met, are showing up at your house to party for a weekend.

Agreed, IMO, the 2B's are the most underrated in the SDA lineup.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Pffffffffffttt....Mike, try telling your spouse that about 20 of these lunatics, many that you've never met, are showing up at your house to party for a weekend.

She'd just roll her eyes and say "Loonier than you? Impossible!"
  • rmarquart
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    I'm in KC and am a novice but vintage and clean is my quest. I would be willing to drive for a your pair if they are that clean. You can PM me or email me. I have references if you desire.

Henry
    curious:
    how can you be a "novice" when you've made over 4400 posts
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by rmarquart
    curious:
    how can you be a "novice" when you've made over 4400 posts

You must not of read his posts, lol.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2005

If you've lived in that area, you know that she'd be relieved that they aren't the crazy locals from up the road... ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited March 2005
    HB,
    Are you gonna get 'em?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2005
    If not, my wife and I are headed down to Silverton late spring and might have to pick them up. I have no reason why I'd do it, but probably just because it's the right thing to do?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited March 2005
    Richard had contacted me after he found my web site, and I recommended that he post here about the SDAs. Had I lived just a wee bit closer to Colorado, I'd have pounced. :D

Glad to see they've found a happy home "within the family"...
  • HBombToo
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by jdhdiggs
    If not, my wife and I are headed down to Silverton late spring and might have to pick them up. I have no reason why I'd do it, but probably just because it's the right thing to do?

I have contacts in Grand Junction but I think it may be to much with the time I have currently. I have just been swamped.

JD if you want them tey are your bro.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Henry,

Is shipping out of the question? Reason I ask is the QUALITY of the original Polk shipping cartons, inserts, etc. I got a pair of mint 2A's from Emlyn, and with them an appreciation for how well packaged Polks were back in the day. They made it from Baltimore to Colorado once. My bet is they'd travel across Kansas in fine shape (it's all downhill anyway from Colorado :p )

Mike
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2005
    Henry:

Like I said, if they haven't moved by late spring/early summer, I'll bag them just because someone ought to around here. Never figured on how to get them back to the east coast... :confused:

Rmarquart:

Don't wait on me, if you can move them to someone that will appreciate it, go ahead. I truly have no NEED for these...
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2005
    They made it from Baltimore to Colorado once.
    Mike

Well, that would be something, you send yours from B-more to CO, and I'd end up shipping them almost the exact reverse course...

Hbomb: If you can get him to ship them, go for it, just don't use UPS...
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Slight misunderstanding (I think??) I didn't send mine anywhere.

What I was suggesting is that ALL Polks of that era made a trip from Baltimore to wherever - in the case of these 2B's, Colorado. Kansas City is a short distance from Durango compared to the trip these vintage Polks already have taken. The original cartons are a srick bhithouse.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2005
    Gotcha, good point...
  • HBombToo
    edited March 2005
    I don't mind stepping aside here. Shipping is an added worry and expense but not the whole story. I definetly want the speakers to stay with the club.

I'm really in the groove;) or mind set, if you will, to pull the trigger on a TT when the Marantz 8 hits the cave. That said, I'll have enough to tinker with in my 100% analog settup.:D I think I have narrowed the field to a Thorens or a VPI scout. I'll probably be flipping a coin.

Thanks for all your consideration.

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2005
    Will someone post a pic of what the driver layout is with these speaks?

Muchas Gracias....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Single SL2000 vertical on top, two drivers side-by-side below, PR on the bottom for the studio.
    attachment.php?s=&postid=215000
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2005
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    You heard them at the Carolina gathering Brett.
    I don't think that I was inside when those imparticular speaks were playing. If anything, I'd wanna go bigger with regard to SDA's......still a great opportunity nonetheless
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited March 2005
    wow.... An unused pair.... man I wish these were closer to Canada. :(

btw russ wtf is that massive sub?