Two NAD 218 THX amplifiers

Options
Up for sale are my two NAD 218 THX amplifiers. They both are in good condition and are very heavy (50lbs. each) so I am offering them for pickup only, cash only and for members with 100 posts or more.

Location Kingsport, TN 37664ddhequzp1nyl.jpg
oeim9uvf9t51.jpg
8byrg59q56s9.jpg
aj6ylelb4asb.jpg
8ectcacdt83q.jpg
3u84h6s2254d.jpg
ndi7krf0dl6o.jpg

I have owned these for the last 10-13 years but they have been sitting unused in a temperature controlled environment since 2021. I tested them both and they sound great as always. They both come from a smoke free environment and have always been played at responsible noise levels. 225wpc, they can be bridged mono at 780 watts so there is plenty of power here if you have the speakers for it.

The sound is typical NAD, warm and detailed, lots of good power where you need it.
I will sell them separately or as a pair if someone wants them both. There is a small nick on the left top faceplate of one of them, I bought it this way and it does not affect the function whatsoever, cosmetic only.

These are older amps that may need to be serviced at some point but they both work fine now.
Prices for Polk members: $450 for the one with no nick on the faceplate.
$400 for the one with the cosmetic nick on the faceplate.
They have some normal wear for their age but nothing too drastic, see pictures. I would be open to a trade for one of them, I am looking for a decent preamp ever since I sold my
GFP 750. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Dang, that's one heck of a transformer. Not in your geographic location, so glwys.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    What a great deal!
  • chandler9a
    chandler9a Posts: 877
    Options
    I hope it’s a great deal for sure, I know these are older so I don’t feel like selling them for what others are asking. They need a good home!
  • Lotus72
    Lotus72 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey. I’m interested in one of these NAD 218. If you can email me bsp784@gmail.com or text 856-912-9416 let’s get in touch! Thank ya
  • chandler9a
    Options
    Sorry, for now these are for sale for established forum members only.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Who leaves their email and phone number on a public forum?
    I guess PM was too difficult?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Scammers do.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • chandler9a
    Options
    Yeah not the best place to put all your info up.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    Options
    Great amp! I used these along with the 208 to run my SRT system.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • chandler9a
    Options
    I could be wrong but maybe these were specifically designed for movies? They sound great for two channel listening but they seem to thrive for cinema. I used them for large SDAs and they do a great job feeding them.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    Options
    They are THX certified. They are equally good for Music/Movies.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • chandler9a
    Options
    Price change bump. Still have these, $400 for the amp the amp with no nick on the faceplate. $350 for the one with the cosmetic nick on the faceplate. Let me know if anyone is interested!
  • vader540is
    vader540is Posts: 178
    Options
  • chandler9a
    Options
    I do have these for sale elsewhere just so everyone knows. Hopefully someone here will get them!
  • chandler9a
    Options
    These have both sold!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    If you shipped these I'm going to kick you in the NAD's......

My drive to you was too long, BOY was I ever thinking about it thou. It was about 9hrs each way. 16 is my limit in a day and that is stretching it.
  • chandler9a
    Options
    No, I didn’t ship them. They are just too big and I would hate for them to get damaged.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Congrat's on selling your NAD's??? I guess??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • chandler9a
    Options
    I just needed to finally pass them on. They weren’t in use and other, much more important, obligations came up. They went to a great guy though. I still think my B&K 200.2 sounds better anyways
  • chandler9a
    Options
    Oh! My NADs, I get it now… lol
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    If you shipped these I'm going to kick you in the NAD's......

My drive to you was too long, BOY was I ever thinking about it thou. It was about 9hrs each way. 16 is my limit in a day and that is stretching it.

I wanted to drive the Looooong trip myself but just couldn't do it. I'm a NAD collector and like their sound. I thought it over more than 3 times for sure.

Many years ago, I used to travel to Tenn. on a weekly basis and would've bought them on the drive by if I had the money. But back then I was just getting settled with savings being better. I might've had the cash too. Now I def. have the savings but not the job or company car and gas. :-(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Lets be real @Tony M , you're a hoarder of all things but mostly stereo....

:#:#
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Lets be real @Tony M , you're a hoarder of all things but mostly stereo...

:#:#

Hobbies. :p Chess stuff for the past year or more.

I'm hoarding cash now too. :o

Just in time for the world gov.s to go cashless... :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.