What Will I Notice After Replacing Bad Capacitor?

Options
2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    An anechoic chamber isn't somewhere you want to listen to speakers in.

100% correct. Being in one is an unnatural experience, creepy really.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• odcics2
    odcics2 Posts: 309
    Options
    I was “unlucky” enough to get an opportunity to listen to car speakers in one, decades ago at work. Yes, an extremely weird experience.

All the top speaker companies use them during the design phase.
    Some high end companies match speakers in pairs using the chamber.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,002
    edited April 2023
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    odcics2 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Theoretical:

Speaker 1 Has a ring radiator tweeter, XX Mid, and XX woofer

Speaker 2 Has a soft dome tweeter, XX Mid, and XX woofer

When tested and measured that measure exactly the same....do they sound the same?

Yes, if listened to in an anechoic chamber, so any room interaction is negated.
    In my entire life, I have yet to see two listening rooms the same. The same speakers will sound different in different rooms.

For you, a theoretical:

You have Five Grand of hard earned money to buy brand NEW speakers on the internet!
    They are so new that are no reviews by people yet to taint your opinions, just some measurements.

Speakers A have excellent measured test results! +/- 1.5 db from 30hz to 20Khz

Speakers B have a large mid bass hump, a large midrange suckout and very tipped up highs and various cabinet resonances. +/- 6 db from 30hz to 20Khz.

Which ones would you buy for $5,000.?

Really, you can hear the difference in the same room with the same equipment. An anechoic chamber isn't somewhere you want to listen to speakers in. You need to experience more and read about measurements less.

Agree with the anechoic chamber. It ain't right, just good for measurements.

On the other end of the spectrum.... wanna hear how good your speakers really are, listen to them outdoors in the open, with nothing around them.
  • odcics2
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    invalid wrote: »
    Theoretical:

When tested and measured that measure exactly the same....do they sound the same?

In my entire life, I have yet to see two listening rooms the same. The same speakers will sound different in different rooms.

For you, a theoretical:

You have Five Grand of hard earned money to buy brand NEW speakers on the internet!
    They are so new that are no reviews by people yet to taint your opinions, just some measurements.

Speakers B have a large mid bass hump, a large midrange suckout and very tipped up highs and various cabinet resonances. +/- 6 db from 30hz to 20Khz.

Really, you can hear the difference in the same room with the same equipment. An anechoic chamber isn't somewhere you want to listen to speakers in. You need to experience more and read about measurements less.

Agree with the anechoic chamber. It ain't right, just good for measurements.

On the other end of the spectrum.... wanna hear how good your speakers really are, listen to them outdoors in the open, with nothing around them.

Yeah, the outdoor chamber!! No room reflections or interactions...
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Theoretical:

For you, a theoretical:

Depends on which speaker sounds best in my room.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • odcics2
    edited April 2023
    Options