Peerless K10DT clone

Options
Does anyone have experience with the Peerless KO10DT clone sold by Simply Speakers? If so, what are your impressions?

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,186
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I don't. I will say that the "silk dome" appearance is not even close. Doesn't have the hole that Polk used for "aperture tuning" either. It would be nice if they gave all the T/S parameters. They say 89dB sensitivity but this Peerless datasheet says 91.5dB @ 4190Hz. Magnet is a bit lighter at 8 oz vs 8.5 oz..

http://nedlab.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Peerless-810665-DT-115-DT2672SF.pdf

There is another one (not a clone) with a concave aluminum dome that the seller purports to be "smoother and sweeter with wider dispersion". I haven't verified that they are still selling them.

http://www.humanspeakers.com/diy/parts/002mp.htm

r2oxcky9i86n.jpg

c7b3o25uh6d1.jpg

I will continue to buy used Peerless on eBay if I need replacements.
    Post edited by Gardenstater on
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • aabum
    aabum Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. So the clone isn't a technical clone, but a clone in name only. Bummer

I'm familiar with Human Speakers, I need to order some things from Human Speakers for a set of Genesis speakers I picked up. Last time I looked at his site he wasn't selling those tweeters.

Most people on here probably already know this, but for those that don't know, Human Speakers is the go-to place for EPI and Genesis speaker parts. EPI and then Genesis were known for having really sweet tweeters so it's no surprise that Human Speakers updated version of the tweeter is phenomenal.

I'm curious how they would sound in Polk Monitors or SDAs. If anyone has any experience with these tweeters please chime in!