Can I use this Amp with SDA's?

Options
Just picked up in Onkyo M-506rs power amp and wanted to be sure it was safe to use with some sda-2s I have. Can't find info if this amp is common ground or not. If anyone has any information that would be great, don't want to damage this thing.

Thanks

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    edited April 2023
    Options
    From the circuit schematic it appears the speaker negatives are tied together, so it should be fine with a common ground speaker connection. You should be able to place one probe on the left speaker's negative terminal and the other probe on the right speaker's negative terminal with a Volt/Ohm meter set to resistance and read "0".

v1ksqw7zkmts.png
  • Hansen2112
    Options
    Great, thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, if I do as you instructed with the multimeter and get a zero then I am good to go?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    yes...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hansen2112
    Options
    When set to resistance I get a 0.2 reading
  • RTally
    RTally Posts: 14
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hansen2112 wrote: »
    When set to resistance I get a 0.2 reading

Now touch the two meter leads together. Do you still get a 0.2 ohm reading? If so, you are good to go because you are measuring the resistance of the leads and meter connection (plus any zero offset of the meter).
  • Hansen2112
    Options
    Yes sir, that's what I got. Thanks for the help and explanation, much appreciated!