Song of the year 2023 Grammy

Options
o:);)

Bonnie Raitt ; Just like That.

https://youtu.be/Skd0XR3twCA
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• rebelsoul
    Options
    Haven't seen one for about ten years. When it started having no rock in the rock n roll section
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,969
    Options
    true, and has been for awhile now. But, it is good to see a singer-songwriter beat others than only know how to make pop$$ music.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    I heard on the news this morning that Bonnie Raitt herself was stunned at the announcement.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    Yes. Genuinely stunned. It was the highlight of the show, for me, anyway. And she earned bonus points for referencing John Prine in her remarks.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    Yes. Genuinely stunned. It was the highlight of the show, for me, anyway. And she earned bonus points for referencing John Prine in her remarks.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    Let's not forget that The Starland Vocal Band won Best New Artist in 1976 because of their hit "Skyrockets In Flight" that everyone thought was about the Bi-centennial. :#

Or that in 1989, Jethro Tull beat out Metallica for the first ever Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Recording Grammy. :p
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,584
    Options
    I guess to make matters worse, that song was actually titled "Afternoon Delight." Lol
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Or that in 1989, Jethro Tull beat out Metallica for the first ever Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Recording Grammy. :p

I'm still shaking my head at that one. May have been the last Grammy show I watched. And I'm a Jethro Tull fan.

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    edited February 2023
    Options
    If any of you have been following the developments surrounding “Chat GPT”, I recently listened to a podcast where it was speculated that within 9-12 months Chat GPT will be able to write, produce and record a top 40 song. Given the utter lack of creativity in 90% of what passes for music currently, I have little doubt that AI will be able to produce something at least (if not better) than what gets churned out now…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    The satanic grammy's 2023. Pass!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Let's not forget that The Starland Vocal Band won Best New Artist in 1976 because of their hit "Skyrockets In Flight" that everyone thought was about the Bi-centennial. :#

The song was called "Afternoon Delight", and I had the distinct privilege of hearing them perform it live when they opened for John Denver. It was the first concert I ever went to.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    and I had the distinct privilege of hearing them perform it live when they opened for John Denver. It was the first concert I ever went to.

That's cool... :D no seriously!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CarolWalker
    Options
    Nice song thanks for sharing.