Diet coke

Options
2»

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Nobody can stop what’s coming! 🇺🇸
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    In my first real job, I worked with a guy whose name was Mike Doyle ("MD"). We called him "Mad Dog". He was pretty benign, so it was an ironic moniker. B) He was a nice guy.

Y'all needed to know that. :#
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    edited March 2023
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    So in the last 18 months, a 2l bottle of diet Coke is up $1.50.
    $3.50 is the price on all 2l Coke products. Anything bottled
    by Pepsi is $3.00 for 2l. Wtf? The last Coke price jump was $.50.
    Coke quotes the reason as higher aluminum and sugar costs.
    Neither is used in that 2l diet Coke. Coke isn't worried, there appears
    to be no drop in demand.
    So I now buy the store brand at about 40% the price. The store
    brand is pretty good. And getting harder to find in stock.
    I hope Coke collapses. We don't drink that much of it anymore.
    And even if the price drops, I'm never going back to them.

If I may help with all this math....to each their own but it's worth a try.

I would personally just not drink any of it.

Diet Coke still ramps up your insulin as your body is tricked to produce excess insulin.

Both are just terribly toxic to your body. Sure there's countless things that are bad, but when I measured out 40 grams of sugar (12 oz Coke) and took a look at it, that was my turning point. I wondered how my body could process all that sugar.

• BinKY188_5
    BinKY188_5 Posts: 128
    Options
    Weirdly enough, the 3l box wine my wife drinks only raised from $18.98 to 19.98.
    That seems to be the only reasonable price increase on anything out there.

I've noticed the price of wine and KY bourbon has only increased minimally as well, while everything else is skyrocketing.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    Options
    Alcohol and acoustic guitars always do well in the bad times 😁
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,704
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »
    So in the last 18 months, a 2l bottle of diet Coke is up $1.50.
    $3.50 is the price on all 2l Coke products. Anything bottled
    by Pepsi is $3.00 for 2l. Wtf? The last Coke price jump was $.50.
    Coke quotes the reason as higher aluminum and sugar costs.
    Neither is used in that 2l diet Coke. Coke isn't worried, there appears
    to be no drop in demand.
    So I now buy the store brand at about 40% the price. The store
    brand is pretty good. And getting harder to find in stock.
    I hope Coke collapses. We don't drink that much of it anymore.
    And even if the price drops, I'm never going back to them.

If I may help with all this math....to each their own but it's worth a try.

I would personally just not drink any of it.

Diet Coke still ramps up your insulin as your body is tricked to produce excess insulin.

Both are just terribly toxic to your body. Sure there's countless things that are bad, but when I measured out 40 grams of sugar (12 oz Coke) and took a look at it, that was my turning point. I wondered how my body could process all that sugar.

A post-Dr. (PHD) fellow came to our lab back in 2012-13 time period that was working on similar publication of insulin resistance and aspartame metabolites. He said a certain soft drink Co. gave donation/grant funding and that study never made it to a journal.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    I cut way down years ago to one glass of it a day. You can buy 4 bottles
    of the store brand for $5. Lat time I got it for 99 cents a bottle.

Back in the day I drank a lot of it when I worked long hours. It was not
    unusual for me to work 24 hours straight. I'm glad I'm retired now.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,908
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Alcohol and acoustic guitars always do well in the bad times 😁

Alcohol always do well in the bad times.

For some, maybe most, that is not the case..

I personally don't know why anyone drinks Diet Coke, and the like. it is all horrible for you. When I drink a soda, it will have natural flavors and real cane sugar, all the others are garbage. Coke, and Pepsi products are like McDonalds, and Taco Bell, C.R.A.P.

I also never understood how someone drinks Nonalcoholic Beer, seriously WTF is that? save your money and drink a glass of water. Who really drinks a beer and goes, you know I really wish this didn't have alcohol in it..

Decaf Coffee is another one, I just don't get it. When I drink coffee I am not wishing it didn't have caffeine..
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    This was 1.29 just 6 months ago….

t3vprqiju2z1.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    I get my Diet Coke from the fountain at Circle K. They have a sip and save club that costs $5.99 per month and you get a large drink each day. I have my own cup, but I still pay $5.99 for 30 refills. Of course, the other day I got an email telling me they were raising the price to $9.99 per month…
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    engie490 wrote: »
    I get my Diet Coke from the fountain at Circle K. They have a sip and save club that costs $5.99 per month and you get a large drink each day. I have my own cup, but I still pay $5.99 for 30 refills. Of course, the other day I got an email telling me they were raising the price to $9.99 per month…
    Love it. 67% arbitrary price increase. Sure, why not. Everyone else is doing it. Get on the bandwagon. Don't forget the additional tax.

"Norton, my friend, when I bend ovah, stahhht f..."
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Nobody can stop what’s coming! 🇺🇸

Joe will . . . Our fearless leader
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    Options
    Panera bread does unlimited soda. You could go 3 times a day!

They have a charge lemonade with enough caffeine in it to cause heart problems
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,704
    Options
    To survive the inflation season...Get Vaccinated.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    Options
    I'm not sure that's part of the subscription but it's a bold strategy