Diet coke

Options
So in the last 18 months, a 2l bottle of diet Coke is up $1.50.
$3.50 is the price on all 2l Coke products. Anything bottled
by Pepsi is $3.00 for 2l. Wtf? The last Coke price jump was $.50.
Coke quotes the reason as higher aluminum and sugar costs.
Neither is used in that 2l diet Coke. Coke isn't worried, there appears
to be no drop in demand.
So I now buy the store brand at about 40% the price. The store
brand is pretty good. And getting harder to find in stock.
I hope Coke collapses. We don't drink that much of it anymore.
And even if the price drops, I'm never going back to them.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,976
    Options
    I use to be a frequent soda drinker but in recent years I have just about quit. Good to know I'm saving $$ so I can pay my car insurance that seems to increase leaps and bounds annually.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    edited March 2023
    Options
    To quote an erstwhile POTUS:
    It's the economy, stupid!
    Of course, I am not callin' you stupid @sucks2beme :blush: -- but I am calling the economy stupid. :#

Heard today on the radio that the average price (they, unfortunately, didn't report the median price being paid -- which would have been more informative*) for a new car in the US is currently $48k. I mean... jeepers. :(
    https://www.npr.org/2023/03/14/1163301573/exploring-the-many-reasons-why-car-prices-remain-high

EDIT: #bring_back_the_Yugo B)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,616
    Options
    Have not bought any soda pop in years.....
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    Options
    And they haven't even put the coke back in Coke for those prices!

And what's the deal with deodorant prices these days? Six bucks a stick?
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    It's a lot of stuff beside Coke. It was just a sudden rise in the whole
    Side of the aisle dedicated to Coke owned products that got my attention.
    A walk around the grocery store is a shock. Inflation is a whole lot higher
    then they are telling us. Go grab a can of olives. I go to Aldi's and get it
    For a buck less. Screw brand names.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,481
    Options
    Ketchup at Walmart was just under $5.
    Last time I bought it it was 2-something.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That's because no one sells anything by any such name.

I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    And they haven't even put the coke back in Coke for those prices!

And what's the deal with deodorant prices these days? Six bucks a stick?

And they've been shrinking the product size for years. Those stupid dispensers make you think you're getting a good amount, but it's really only like 13 or 14 armpit swipes before you're scraping yourself with the elevator.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,616
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That's because no one sells anything by any such name.

Don't make me drive east! ...........
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,528
    Options
    dieT woke
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,720
    Options
    I don't drink diet coke or eat anything with nitrates/ites ...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18627677/
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,080
    Options
    Yeah best option is to just stop drinking it! Haha

Prices of everything is up unfortunately
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,104
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Grocery store made glazed donut was $0.99 two years ago, $1.29 last year, last week up to $1.69.
    I enjoy one occasionally with coffee, but not at gourmet donut prices. Some high-class ones are $3.00 a piece and up. I'm frugal on some things! Maybe one gourmet coffee a year for me. I'm okay with plain brewed as long as it's fresh.

20 years ago I would buy a grande latte with extra espresso and a $3.00 pecan roll every morning on the way to my office. Did this for a few years. I enjoyed them, but realized how much I was spending. I'm just older and content with simpler things again. Must have been a phase! :)
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,945
    Options
    BBB is working great is it not? B)
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,286
    Options
    Some guy on audiogon put up a chart that claimed inflation only went up 2.5% under the current leadership, what a joke.
  • sucks2beme
    Options
    Weirdly enough, the 3l box wine my wife drinks only raised from $18.98 to 19.98.
    That seems to be the only reasonable price increase on anything out there.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Welcome to today, where everything costs more (according to the people raking in the dough)
  • msg
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    Some guy on audiogon put up a chart that claimed inflation only went up 2.5% under the current leadership, what a joke.
    Must've been posted in the first few days of office.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    @sucks2beme - dude, your threads are depressing. I'll be lucky if I make it til morning now.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,288
    Options
    Speaking of wine, even the ever popular MD 20/20 has gone up in price, from $5 for a 750 ml glass bottle to $6.99 !

Of course they're only made with expensive juicy, lucious fruits and that infusion process can't be cheap plus you have a real glass bottle with a convenient screw on cap so like they say, You get what you pay for 👍

8c47omfprp38.png

What more can you ask for ?

x9s1ecxcb6xd.png

Sal Palooza
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I work for Coke. Fountain Install. 63 and trying to keep my teeth. We get free pop and energy drinks and Powerade and vitamin water. I don’t drink any of it any more. I sleep better without the caffeine and it helps me get more physically fit and like I said. Trying to save my teeth. I know ,everything in moderation.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • msg
    Options
    @sucks2beme - dude, your threads are depressing. I'll be lucky if I make it til morning now.
    but it's the fun kind of depressing, I mean to say.

I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options
    but it's the fun kind of depressing, I mean to say.

Sounds like some of my favorite TV, movies, and music.
    Also some of my favorite women over the years -- not Mrs. H, though! B)
  • sucks2beme
    edited March 2023
    Options
    😄

Dibs on your gear.....
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,613
    Options

Coulda saved ya a few bucks there, if that's the case ...

😂😂😂

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • aprazer402
    Options
    pseix0gic8vz.jpg

Enjoying a poor man's Manhattan. Cheers gents!

• aprazer402
    Options
    hzl8drpsnil6.jpg

The real thing?

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Prices are up on everything. Nothing's been built. Nothing is back and nothing is better over the past 26 months. No further comment. Pray and put your faith in God is always the best thing to do.

Now back to the music... B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xscJo9L8UUs

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,053
    Options
    Speaking of wine, even the ever popular MD 20/20 has gone up in price, from $5 for a 750 ml glass bottle to $6.99 !

Of course they're only made with expensive juicy, lucious fruits and that infusion process can't be cheap plus you have a real glass bottle with a convenient screw on cap so like they say, You get what you pay for 👍

8c47omfprp38.png

What more can you ask for ?

x9s1ecxcb6xd.png

I preferred the orange or the green stuff as it wasn't as bad coming back up...........and it always did come back up. :s
  • sucks2beme
    edited March 2023
    Options
    MD 20-20 was nasty. I remember drinking it just one time. Grant you,
    I don't remember much other than the taste and it coming back up.
    Whatever happened that night, I woke up to two very tore up and
    bloody fists. USMC fun at it's finest.