Hyundai security

So Hyundai decided not to equip an immobilizer in many of
it's cars. Thanks to tictok, every hoodlum in the country has
Stepped instructions on how to easily steal these cars.
And they are doing it in big numbers. Adding insult to injury
if you did buy a car with pushbutton start, they still break
your window to check. There is a retrofit being deployed by
the company to add the feature to key start cars.
They also will provide window stickers that state it's now
immobilizer equipped to hopefully slow down broken windows.
I ordered stickers for the wife's car (pushbutton). It's seldom
driven and parked indoors. I hope it will save a busted window.
Note; Kia has the same issue. No immobilizer and the world's
flimsiest ignition switch.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Car thefts here in Shelby County TN have doubled.
    And of that 100% added theft it's all Kias and Hyundais.
    Police are overwhelmed. It's a mixture of joyriding and
    Transport to and from robberies and drivebys.
    They really like to drive cars from Memphis out to the
    Suburbs for robbery. So the car thefts snowball into
    kids hurting themselves in crashes, and a wave of
    violent crime. Wonder why police are quiting in
    record numbers?

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    I have a '17 Kia Optima EX Hybrid with pushbutton start. I use a Club to help deter a broken window for them to find the push button start. The stickers sound like a good idea.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • sucks2beme
    They aren't factory. Strictly open market. Just go to ebay
    or Amazon and look for one that looks good. My guess
    Is the dealer is only giving out stickers to affected cars.
    The local police are handing out the club to owners.
    I guess Kia and Hyundai paid for the program.
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    I read that some insurance companies won't cover these KIAs and Hyundais.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • sucks2beme
    Several insurance companies have announced that here in the
    local news. Watching to see if mine gives me a hassle.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    How are the kids/thieves stealing the push-button cars?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • sucks2beme
    xschop wrote: »
    How are the kids/thieves stealing the push-button cars?

They're not. But now you have a broken window.
    Any guess how far backordered they are?