I never liked Fords...

Options
2»

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I read somewhere reputable that Ford has a huge problem with recalls due quality issues to boot.

Then no need to worry about the software taking over the vehicle.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Anymore, there are few Fords, or any big three vehicle
    I'd own. They can't build a fwd vehicle to save their lives.
    And in order to meet fleet mpg goals, they are ruining
    big truck and suv's. Start/stop, cylinder deactivation
    and a lot of other change for better milage are worthless.
    $$$ stuff that breaks a lot. Add to it a bunch of expensive
    gadgets that run up the price. My last Ford ws a 2012
    V6 Mustang. Pretty much as baseline as I could find in
    stock. Not a bad vehicle. Good performance, good mpg
    ran great. A modern ecoboost 4 is junk. There are only a few
    Japanese brands that cut it, and that is also model dependent.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    Options
    Yeah, Ford's current state is sad. Ford has swung wildly from good to horrific for many decades, though. Remember the Fairmont? ;)
    FWIW, we owned three excellent Ford vehicles (and a couple of mediocre ones). 246k truly trouble-free miles from Mrs. H's Escape Hybrid and about 250k from my Focus ZX-3 (the latter passed along to our daughter and son-in-law, so I am not sure of the exact total). Rust ultimately claimed both, in rather spectacular fashion in the case of the Focus*).
    My 2011 Fiesta (now in the hands of the aforementioned family members) is up to ca. 150k and has, AFAIK, had only routine maintenance. It's a manual (as was the Focus) -- probably the only reason it is still going. The A/Ts Ford was using in the 2010s were pretty horrific. :|

• GospelTruth
    GospelTruth Posts: 403
    Options
    GM had OnStar decades ago where they could unlock your car with a phone call. That to me was the beginning of communications with your vehicle. Back then it was considered a service that you paid for and most were happy to have that. Now, I think people lack trust in the true motives of corporations (and government for that matter). Anyone or corporation that can remotely control or shut down your vehicle causes me to pause. Other examples would be the government pulling mileage from your car and then taxing you on mileage driven, or a carbon tax based on your vehicles actual fuel economy (and so on). In my opinion, these new features are not seen as having the customers best interest in mind and are intrusive. As stated, just my opinion. Personally, I prefer a vehicle without all those bells and whistles and is not "connected".
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,455
    Options
    I bought a 2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V-6. Everyone was talking about how great they are. It's a chincy tin can that refuses to get better than 16 mpg! F××k! I might as well get a 3/4 ton truck! They get better fuel economy than that!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,720
    Options
    Just another bar added to the digital prison system.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,192
    edited March 2023
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I bought a 2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V-6. Everyone was talking about how great they are. It's a chincy tin can that refuses to get better than 16 mpg! F××k! I might as well get a 3/4 ton truck! They get better fuel economy than that!

Really? You may have a problem. I had a 2016 SR5, same exact power train. I had 33’s on it and averaged 18-19. If I had kept it stock I would have easily been in the 20’s. Don’t agree about it being a “chincy tin can” either. It’s not a Sierra Denali, but you bought a budget oriented midsize pickup, what did you expect?

My 2016 gave me 5 problem free years, great truck all round.

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,669
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »

Really? You may have a problem. I had a 2016 SR5, same exact power train. I had 33’s on it and averaged 18-19. If I had kept it stock I would have easily been in the 20’s. Don’t agree about it being a “chincy tin can” either. It’s not a Sierra Denali, but you bought a budget oriented midsize pickup, what did you expect?

My 2016 gave me 5 problem free years, great truck all round.

I would agree. I have had 3 Tacomas over the years. 2 of the 3 had 33’s and a 3” lift. Always got 18+ mpg. And never needed any repairs except battery, breaks, tires and 1 U-joint. Best truck on the road in my opinion.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,455
    Options
    The dealership said it needs broken in more. I'm thinking after 5,000 miles it should be broke in
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,720
    Options
    What are they selling, caps?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,976
    Options
    I'm glad they didn't have this "repo" app back in the late 70's, or I would have been out of a job.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,055
    Options
    I read somewhere reputable that Ford has a huge problem with recalls due quality issues to boot.

Perhaps they can use this technology to automatically drive the truck to the dealer for service whenever there is a recall.🤪

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    Options
    dpowell wrote: »

Perhaps they can use this technology to automatically drive the truck to the dealer for service whenever there is a recall.🤪

but that'll only work if the truck's ambulatory. :#
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,016
    Options
    Bahahahaaaaaa... I got nuttin 😳
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Mexican manufacturing has really ruined a
    lot of car quality. Cheap and good rarely hang
    out together.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson