Wayne Shorter dies

Options
Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses

Comments

• james310
    james310 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear that. ! I didn’t know him but I’m sure he had friends and family that are around!!
    It’s not easy at this time !!! I’ve been to enough funerals the next I go to will be my own but I hope not for a very long time !! By the way no not married either just single . I live in a town of 180 people and I’m 57 so not much of a catch around here !! Also I like my women older not in school yuck I don’t understand??!!!! Getting back to his friends I wish you and his family the best there are no words that will help maybe just a jester !
    My Condolences!!!
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    Options
    Man...this one hurts.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    One of my favorite jazz artists.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,190
    Options
    Listening to "Adam's Apple" right now. So sad.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    Sad.

89 years old, though.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Would that I could live to 89 & leave a legacy like his.
    Truly a life well lived.

Thanks for the sounds & the feelings.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Truly one of the greatest and what a loss! May he RIP
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    A major loss, yet his legacy is strong.

I'll never forget the time in 1984 when Weather Report performed at the Grand Circus Theater in Detroit. Myself and about eight other friends, H.S. bandmates attended the concert. There was a point where the band was just grooving and I was so into it. I was rocking back and forth in my seat and just happen to turn to the left to see my buds rocking back in forth in unison right along with me. We were all under music's spell and Weather Report took us along for the ride that night. Great times!

R.I.P.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2