Amplifier (AV or Integrated) for R200 Bookshelves

I've tried to find posts to answer this question for minimal watts of a receiver or integrated amp but haven't found a good answer. Would something like the Emotiva TA1, Denon PMA-900HNE or DENON - AVR-X1700H be enough? or do I need more with the sensitivity of the R200?
Thanks

Answers

• Looks like the reviews I have read say it’s in room is 87 db on the R200. The Denon PMA should do it. If you want a Denon I would say go with that over the 1700. Much better to have a 4 ohm rated amp. But these seem to be a little more sensitive than the 86 on the specs. The Emotiva is 4 ohm rated as well and has 100 watts at 4 ohm. How large of a listening room do you listen in ? Both the Denon PMA and Emotiva should be good unless you have a massive room I would think. Just my 2 cents. I’m running a Yamaha AS2200 in my 12 x 15 approx loft upstairs with my L200s and they are 86 db and it’s more than enough. 150 watt at 4 ohm. Hope this helps , I am newbie with these Polks and loving them so far as I am sure u will enjoy the R200s very good sound for the money it looks like :)

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Out of those definitely the PMA-900. How big is your room? You may want something with a little more power if you are trying to play very loudly in a large room
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Which one did you decide on ? :)
  • shs
    shs Posts: 105
    Here is an article that does the math on how much power a Polk LSiM speaker with similar sensitivity needs to play loud: https://hometheaterhifi.com/editorial/oped/how-much-amplifier-power-does-your-home-theater-need/
    SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, Oppo UDP 203, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Velodyne DD15 Subwoofer.