SDA SRS Problem with dimensional array.

Options
2»

Comments

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Options
    The bass-reinforcement is independent of the SDA cable connection. The SDA crosstalk-cancellation requires the cable. The SDA drivers still make noise (bass reinforcement) when the cable is disconnected if all is working properly.

An open in both the SDA capacitors (2 x 130uF in each cabinet) or a break in the wire/failed solder joint leading to the negative side of the drivers, could lead to lack of crosstalk cancellation, as could a break in the wire in the other cabinet between the "A" terminal and the connection that goes back to the +/Red speaker wire binding post. An open in the SDA Cable would have a similar effect.
  • AMF007
    AMF007 Posts: 21
    Options
    @Shurkey: GREAT explanation of SDA operational and interconnect function in the SDA SRS.
  • gregmoyers
    Options
    Ok
    Both channel sda drivers are producing sub bass when cable is off (or on for that matter)
    So the problem is no sda getting to left sda drivers from r channel. Going to pin check per handbook. I feel like it is a failed r channel XO.
    Film at 11.
  • gregmoyers
    Options
    Problem solved! All I did was swap the 2 binding cups and went though the handbook checks. Everything checked good. My speakers use a black wite and a green wire for left sda, and a blue wire and green wire for the right speaker and the crossover boards are labeled as such. So to make these handbook checks easy I had to make sure the old sda blade blade converted correctly to the Speakon terminals as far as: R speaker pin 1 = blue = large blade = Speakon white wire in top position. After sorting all of this out , doing the dcr checks and reconnecting amp and IC cable everything is back to normal. I THINK I had the signals crossed by having the binding cup I assembled for the left channel with the black and green wire over on right speaker and visa versa. Im not sure. But now it is working. Thanks all for the help. I sure learned a bunch in the process.
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited February 2023
    Options
  • gregmoyers
    Options
    🤣
    Thanks bud
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,697
    Options
    Glad you got it remedied...and without much sarcasm, condescension, or excommunication.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    Glad you got it remedied...and without much sarcasm, condescension, or excommunication.

What are you talking about? We never do that here.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,697
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »

What are you talking about? We never do that here.

.... or gaslighting
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Excellent, enjoy your tunes.