Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    Thanks Buddy. Being from Cleveland (thanks WMMS), I've been a Rush fan since
    almost the beginning. B)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Downloading the 1982 NVMC show as I type! I had the opportunity to go to that show, but the concert budget had been used up on VH. Always wondered what I missed... :o
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • SIHAB
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Downloading the 1982 NVMC show as I type! I had the opportunity to go to that show, but the concert budget had been used up on VH. Always wondered what I missed... :o

Tough choice.

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,182
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I went for the Soundboard flacs from Dec 1974 at Electric Lady Studios, NYC. May have been soundboard to FM radio to tape?
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »

You made the right choice…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    You made the right choice…
    Back then, the choice between VH and anyone else was a no-brainer for me. I liked Rush a lot and wore the grooves out of Moving Pictures, but the tix for the VH show were bought and paid for months before that, and since money was tight, I could only do one show - especially when they were so close together.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    Enjoying this one a lot. Darn good audio quality. Highs are very good. As usual bass could be better.

4 June 1979 - PinkPop Festival, Geleen, Netherlands [Audio - Soundboard]
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Enjoying this one a lot. Darn good audio quality. Highs are very good. As usual bass could be better.

Check out the Roll The Bones Tour from 1992. Look for the ones where Vital Signs was subbed. Alex plays an amazing guitar solo at the end.

• SIHAB
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Sadly, none of the 1/2 dozen times the wife and I saw Rush are on the site.
    I have a boot CD-R somewhere. I wonder if it is on the site...
    Yes, they have it. Feb. 13 Keil Auditorium, St. Louis
  • Keiko
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Sadly, none of the 1/2 dozen times the wife and I saw Rush are on the site.
    I have a boot CD-R somewhere. I wonder if it is on the site...
    Yes, they have it. Feb. 13 Keil Auditorium, St. Louis

They only came to Hawaii once back in 1984 during the Grace Under Pressure Tour. Had a chance to go to Vegas and see them during the Time Machine Tour and kick myself in the butt now for not going. Anyway, I did get to see them once and it was one of the best concerts IMO ever. In 84, Rush was firing on all 8 cylinders for sure. Geddy's voice was still intact and Alex and Neil were playing at their peak.
  • Gardenstater
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »

Check out the Roll The Bones Tour from 1992. Look for the ones where Vital Signs was subbed. Alex plays an amazing guitar solo at the end.

Listening to the Oakland, CA one right now. Fantastic bass. I would've mixed the highs a bit....higher but very nice!

Show Don't Tell will give your sub a workout!
    Post edited by Gardenstater on
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Gardenstater
    edited February 2023
    Options
    ^^After getting used to it I actually like the mix. Neil Peart's drumming moved my subwoofer faster than I think I have ever seen it move!
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Keiko
    edited February 2023
    Options
    ^^After getting used to it I actually like the mix. Neil Peart's drumming moved my subwoofer faster than I think I have ever seen it move!

If you're into vinyl, the 2015 re-releases are definitely worth getting. The 40th Anniversary Box Sets are a bit pricey IMO, but the single albums are still pretty reasonable. The 2112 Hologram is pretty cool. If you have a decent turntable and cartridge, yeah, they rock!