Analogue Productions Announces Steely Dan Catalog UHQR/SACD Series

Options
I'm not sure if this is old news here or not, just putting it out there. I noticed on elusivedisc.com that all the Steely Dan SACDs were on preorder when I placed mine for Can't Buy A Thrill. Got me curious and this is great news if like SD. . . And it's about time!

https://trackingangle.com/features/analogue-productions-announces-steely-dan-catalog-uhqr-sacd-series

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Old and new. The Lps will get their run and after enough are sold
    we get the SACDs.

For my part I have two versions of the LP and a Japan for MCA CD.
    I played the redbook the other night and the SACD will have to be
    something for me to buy. Just my 2 cents.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Old and new. The Lps will get their run and after enough are sold
    we get the SACDs.

For my part I have two versions of the LP and a Japan for MCA CD.
    I played the redbook the other night at the SACD will have to be
    something for me to buy. Just my 2 cents.

I bought the Japanese versions of Aja, Gaucho and Pretzel Logic already. Great sounding discs. Looking forward to Can't Buy A Thrill. I bought the poor man's 33rpm and it sounds really good to my old ears. There's another thread on the vinyl I posted on here somewhere not long ago. It's very quiet.
  • SIHAB
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I'm thinking The Royal Scam and Aja releases might get my money. :)

Robert Baird reviews Countdown to Ecstasy UHQR in the latest Stereophile.
    5 stars across the board. He says CtoE has always sounded good. This
    sounds better. Too rich for my blood. I'll have to stick with these DIDX
    Japan for USAs for now.
    Post edited by SIHAB on
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I have all of the UHQRs on preorder. Have already received Can’t Buy a Thrill and Countdown to Ecstasy. I wouldn’t miss out on them. They sound fantastic.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • SIHAB
    edited February 2023
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    I have all of the UHQRs on preorder. Have already received Can’t Buy a Thrill and Countdown to Ecstasy. I wouldn’t miss out on them. They sound fantastic.

I hate you :D

I really want to but a MC cart. Really...

• Keiko
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »

I'm sure they're worth every penny. I just don't have that kind of scratch in my budget. I've been happy with the SACDs. Aja and Gaucho in particular are excellent.

Here's a treat some of y'all might not know about. Njoy! :)

https://archive.org/details/LostGauchoRestored

• tratliff
    Options
    I was also lucky enough to get in on the Bob Marley UHQR Exodus earlier this week. Should be arriving around the end of the month. I expect it to be another good one.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • SIHAB
    Options
    nice pickup on the Marley!

I meant to type I'm saving for an MC cartridge but with all the great
    releases coming out it has been tough.

Thanks for the link @keiko
  • tratliff
    Options
    nice pickup on the Marley!

I meant to type I'm saving for an MC cartridge but with all the great
    releases coming out it has been tough.

Thanks for the link @keiko

Which cartridge you thinking about?
  • SIHAB
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi @tratliff

A couple of different Hanas and the obvious choice of
    MOFI for my Mofi Ultratracker table.

This may be the winner:
    Hana M Series MC Phono Cartridge
  • Keiko
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi @tratliff

This may be the winner:

Have a look at the Dynavector 10x5. I bought one about 10yrs ago and loved it. This is an older one with a Ogura, nude elliptical diamond. The new ones have the Shibata. Just had this one retipped by Joseph @ the groovetickler, I opted for another nude elliptical. The Shibata's can be a bit finicky to set up.

8r4hy72ycjt4.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    Thanks, I will!
  • tratliff
    Options
    Hi @tratliff

This may be the winner:

I would also like to try out a Hana.

I have had a SoundSmith MI for a number of years. Really like it. I also have a Denon 301 and Ortofon 2M Bronze. The SoundSmith is top notch.

• SIHAB
    Options
    The Dynavector 10x5 is on the radar.

"Smooth top end, Punchy bottom end/kick"

I think I would like punchy bottom end/kick on the new
    UHQRs. :)
  • Keiko
    Options
    The Dynavector 10x5 is on the radar.

"Smooth top end, Punchy bottom end/kick"

I think I would like punchy bottom end/kick on the new
    UHQRs. :)

I think you'd be pleased.