Problems with music direct

Options
Bought a 6c33c -b frome them and went and picked up . It was marked on website and on box 6c33c-b. When I got home installed it it would not bias properly. Looked closely and it was a 6c33c not a 6c33c-b. So I got a return label from them . They keep telling me there the same tube . It is not the same tube. The 6c33c-b is the top 5percent spec
And the Russian military tube that's the -b stands for. Well they received the tube back 2 weeks ago . They keep telling they sent it check with your bank they sometimes take a couple days to put in account. Called bank
Music direct never sent it. Called music direct guy said he call me back , never did .
Worst purchase/ return I ever had . Boy have they gone down hill . Buyer beware!

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited February 2023
    Options
    They're at third strike with me. :|

I should add that they made it right eventually.

Sorry about you issue. Time for a rebel yell!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    That really sucks to hear. I’ve always had good experiences, hope this is just a fluke for you.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Hopefully you used a Credit card.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I've had a couple return items with them. It does take a while for them to process things but they got to them eventually. It's really not a large operation. They seem to be great at shipping but not so much at receiving. More like a garage operation with a warehouse stuffed full of audio and music stuff.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I have been more successful with them over the last 12-18 months. Have purchased and returned a number of items. Really started to work best when I worked with one individual. Now when I call he picks up the phone and greets me by name.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Not to pile on the bad experience bandwagon with Music Direct here, but I will share this. Take it for what it's worth.

@Emlyn - Sounds about right. Small operation. The communication between their suppliers/them/clients leave a lot to be desired sometimes. When I ordered a Shunyata cable through them in early December, they did not provide a tracking number, even though they stated that it was shipped. I called twice to find out what was going on. No one had a clue.

Come Christmas, I called again and they stated that they would be contacting Shunyata directly and let me know what was going on, since they do not store these and that they are shipped directly from Shunyata. They didn't get back with me.

Weeks go by with no news since the purchase and all of a sudden, I get a notification that my cables have just been delivered. Within hours, I go to pick them up and the store wanted a $50 for a storage fee for holding the shipment. Long story short (already posted about this), the cables had been sitting in the store since Christmas.

At the the end of the day, I possess and have been using everything that I have bought from them but the aggravation on this one was.....well, it could have been handled much better. Especially for such an expensive product (read multiple thousands of dollars, not a $50 purchase).

I went through them because I did not ever find out how to order through Shunyata directly. I may think twice on the next purchase but I was comforted going through them that I had a 30 day return policy, if they didn't work out. Other suppliers I looked at for their products offered no return policy at all. With audio products, that's a deal breaker for me when buying something new that I could only sell for maybe half of what I just paid for it, if in case it didn't work out.

Regardless, I always pay by CC (even if I have the cash to purchase) just for the protection (and cash back). CC companies don't seem to mess around and offer very quick results with disputes IMO/IME.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    Still haven't received refund. Told me it was closed and must be prossessing through my bank . Called bank and they said refunds on debit card post immediately. So last night I tested it cancelled one of my qobuz account and money was back in account a minute later on a Sunday.
    Then today tried to have them transfer me to Mike Davis. And one refused and one sent me to someone else email. I have a business lawyer on call taking off work to file in court and they will be paying for lawyer and 2 days off of work for $165.38.
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    My lawyer said it's slam dunk with all the emails I have , so music direct will be paying couple of thousand instead . Got to go I am spending rest of the day telling this on every music forum, tube forum and so on filed with bbb. I've posted on about 29 sites so far .
  • stangman67
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Wouldn’t it be way easier to do a chargeback with your card provider? The lawyer thing seems a bit overkill to me

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Your CC will refund the money .. I’ve done this more than once .. with other merchants. The CCs these days are really good about that sort of thing. I had almost 4.5k refunded to me one time. Only took about a month or so. No problems .. they did a investigation called the merchant didn’t get a response .. (never got the merchandise ). But my CC took care of it no problem
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    He used a debit card. That is the same as paying cash in many instances.
    Afaik they do not or can't do a charge back on debit cards
  • stangman67
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    He used a debit card. That is the same as paying cash in many instances.
    Afaik they do not or can't do a charge back on debit cards

You can absolutely do a charge back on a debit card.

• rebelsoul
    Options
    I will try that if money is not there tomorrow and if it don't work off to court we go . It won't cost me anything except a $69 file fee. It's principals !!
    And that company ain't got any!!!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Any update on this debacle?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    damn.
    I disabled signatures.