What song/artist do you play to show what Polk's SDA Speakers are capable of?

I'll start.

One of my go to songs is Neil Diamond's Sooliman.
To here those percussions outside my speakers just blows me away every time.

Please expand my enjoyment and share your go to....

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Simply Red's "Sad Ol' Red".
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I look for a female solo vocalist and a small accompaniment like a guitar and other soft instruments, then build upon that with more complex arrangements. The first track builds the foundation and the rest build upon that. The Eagles "Hotel California" from "Hell Freezes Over" is the final track in my playlist.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    You do know that there is a thread on Club Polk that has been around for years decades that discusses/showcases this exact thing, right?

I forget what the thread header is called but I am sure someone here can lead you to a PLETHORA of selections.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited February 2023
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    I'll start.

One of my go to songs is Neil Diamond's Sooliman.
    To here those percussions outside my speakers just blows me away every time.

Please expand my enjoyment and share your go to....

"Tap Root Manuscript" is superb all the way through on the L800... Most of Neils's catalog sounds fantastic and is well recorded.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    You do know that there is a thread on Club Polk that has been around for years decades that discusses/showcases this exact thing, right?

I forget what the thread header is called but I am sure someone here can lead you to a PLETHORA of selections.

Tom

Thanks for the heads up.
    I did not know that.
    I did a search with my limited search vocabulary but, didn't come up with what I thought was close. But I did just read the headlines of the posts.

My apologies.

Did not mean to create a double post.....

Skip
  • Thank you Emlyn.
    I'll take a read on that post...

Skip
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 989
    edited February 2023
    Oh wow.
    ^ 5 posts above

Reading it now.

Sincere apology ya'll.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..... 😳

• You didn't hurt anyone. No apologies necessary.

Sometimes we miss the forest for the trees =)
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage