One more time…the last round.

Options
ALL212
ALL212 Posts: 1,556
edited February 2023 in The Clubhouse
About a year or so ago I decided to roll the amps one more time. I have Odyssey Audio Kismet amps but as purchased from a fine upstanding gentleman here on the forum. ‘‘Twas a pre/single power channel with external power supply and a Kismet in Khartago chassis for the other channel.
I emailed Klaus just to warm up the conversation to let him know that we’re gonna do this one more, one last time. I’m losing hearing slowly but surely and grandkids were born on the 19th of this month.
As he and I always have done we went over the options but I just want Kismet mono’s in the smaller Khartago chassis. No hurry…

Got a call about a month ago and Klaus has some almost new trade ins from someone that upgraded to Symphonic Line amps. He’s making deliveries of equipment and if he’s swinging by Rockford we’ll hookup.

Tonight we met up briefly and I’ve got my new Kismet amps - totally ballsed out. And… they’re already broke in!

Always a nice touch when you get your name on the back.
wehr8gecgla8.jpeg

Rogue Magnum 99 pre and Odyssey Audio Liquid speakers.

Got the grinnies!!

yjdfj62nii9w.jpeg

Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    When did you get a TV?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Nice pickup, Ern, that worked out quite nicely!
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Beautiful Aaron!
    Love it when a plan comes together.

Congratulations on the grandkids.
  • msg
    Options
    And congrats on those grandkids things!

Some future day, I'll send a couple boxes of Crayola 64s to your wife with instructions that Granpa likes his stuff decorated, and to turn the grandkids loose in your listening space.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ALL212
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    When did you get a TV?!?

Well youngun… right after we went up and sold ole Bessy, the milk cow, we gots the victrola. We was thinkin about upgradin but the Misses wanted the torlets moved inside with the runnin water we gots from puttin that ‘tricity on the well. But ‘ventually we got enough hogs off to market and the sell price of molasses went up a bit. I be thinkin’ it was just a spell after’n that.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Mus’ be some pretty good ‘shine you makin out yonder in dem woods where dose fed boys won’t be lookin.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Congrats on the grand babies!!

I need to get my **** over and hear that system. Been so damn busy with other things the last few months, I could use a nice night of tunes.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Nice upgrade! Love the delivery part!

I gotta get up that way and hear em.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    Congrats on both. Awesome that Klaus delivered them personally. I wonder if Nelson Pass would come to Rockford....LMAO! :p

Enjoy! and now you have the next generation to teach about the merits of good audio vs. ear buds and iTunes.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ALL212
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    And congrats on those grandkids things!

Some future day, I'll send a couple boxes of Crayola 64s to your wife with instructions that Granpa likes his stuff decorated, and to turn the grandkids loose in your listening space.

Ya… you’re off the Christmas list now Bud… :#

Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • msg
    Options
    psssh, I still got 8 or 9 more months left for haranguing!
    I disabled signatures.
  • ALL212
    Options
    I will try and get the maincave shoveled out and a listening afternoon scheduled within the next month or two.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    edited February 2023
    Options
    ALL212 wrote: »
    I will try and get the maincave shoveled out and a listening afternoon scheduled within the next month or two.

Hello!
    I'd be interested, if you could stand to let me in your house, I'm house broke now......
  • ALL212
    Options
    Oh - and just to rub it in a bit…

Klaus called me today to make sure I heard what he thought I should.

Hard to beat that level of customer service.

I honestly didn’t think this move would make a difference. I just wanted my last round of amps to be from Klaus directly and set for me.

However…. Having them biased and perfectly balanced with the newest upgrades is definitely a step up from what I had. Imagining is …. The speakers just disappear completely from the sound stage. They don’t appear to be there at all. Uppers are even clearer and cleaner than before and the bass is effortless on all registers.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • ALL212
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    ALL212 wrote: »

Hello!
    I'd be interested, if you could stand to let me in your house, I'm house broke now......

Indoor toilets now?

I’ll post an open invite.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,346
    Options
    Next Polkfest at Aaron's house!!!

Oh, did I just day that?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ALL212
    Options
    Layd have mecy...

That would be a bit much!

So thanks for the nomination Tom but...I think I'll decline :)
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Like my post to down vote Aaron's
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    I can make that Polkfest since I'm only 5 miles away from Aaron's. I'm in!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ALL212
    Options
    5m26qvy7yjuj.gif
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Congrats on the new amps. Klaus is excellent to deal with. I would.love to hear some Liquids sometime.