Revised my set up

Options
Geoff4rfc
Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
After replacing my display cable with a decent upgrade from a monoprice cable to an audioquest cable, I was inspired to pay attention to some much needed cable management and a little rearranging.

I pulled the Rear A9's off the wall some and set the toe in to point to the center of the display. Centered the rear sub between the RS's Moved the seating up a few inches. Slid the display stand over a bit. Got out the tape measure and made sure the mains and wides were the same distance from the wall and from each other. Checked the toe in and the mains to meet 3' behind the center of the seats. And added some more acoustic panels.

The Marantz has independent sub EQ and handled that task along with a full recalibration of 9 speakers, utilizing all 8 runs from the EQ. Pics of the set up.

1rldpfetg7ih.jpg

9egkkbysqdb6.jpg

bjkhshhbayrl.jpg

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Wow, that looks pretty cool, and complicated. It's a busy room for sure! If I did something like that, when the wife wasn't home, she'd be amazed, and ticked, that I destroyed (in her mind) the living room!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    edited January 2023
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Wow, that looks pretty cool, and complicated. It's a busy room for sure! If I did something like that, when the wife wasn't home, she'd be amazed, and ticked, that I destroyed (in her mind) the living room!

Thank you, much appreciated. Yes sir, the joys of being single. Back in the day when I was married, my wife didn't care how I set up dedicated media room which was downstairs away from "her" living room. But that was in another life B)
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Wow
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound