Modems and Streaming - The good, the bad, the ugly...

I came across a very interesting link today - https://approvedmodems.org/bad-modems/

If you are into streaming and want the best for your rig, you may want to read this and check to make sure your modem is NOT on this list. It explains why.

Also, if you have any information, links or otherwise knowledge of modems and how they can enhance the listening pleasure/lower jitter and/or noise, please post your thoughts here. It is part of the chain.

I have heard some people actually change the caps to get better performance out of the modem. LPS's will help as well. Anyone here actually mod their modem?

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    Didn't see the one you use on there.

Are you running a LPS on yours? If not definite must!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I do not currently. I have a dual rail and a single but found that the LPS worked better on the mesh satelitte than it did the modem (more of an end point clean up of noise).

I will eventually get one for the mother mesh and the modem (dual rail LPS) but am working on other things at the moment. Got a surprise on the way.....(secret surprise).

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~