Looks like Musical Fidelity has some new stuff

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Very Very Nice but way out of my price range. I might be able to afford some in say 20yrs :#
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    Very Nice!! But ouch!!! I pushed it getting my Cary gear..
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    $50K for a pre and stereo amp? That's like the "market adjusted" asking price for a Toyota Camry these days. :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Drool worthy
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Imo... The new stuff looks like China fi gear to me. Looks like the marketing department found some old brochures and asked engineering if we could do something like this?

Give me the old KW and titan gear any day!

ocx8xrkcs28n.jpg

Old

56y4ltfqakwp.jpeg
    r0wtzq846kxw.jpeg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    Would love to hear and see in person
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    No tubes in that Titan, Trey.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    It uses Nuvistor vacuum tubes Jesse... whatever those are.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    edited January 2023
    Titan and kw series amplifiers didn't use tubes.

The preamps did use the nu Vista tubes

The new amplifier I posted doesn't have tubes either
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The stereo amp uses nu Vista, but the mono block does not...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    My only point was that the older stuff for the same or lower msrp was better to me
  • F1nut
    VR3 wrote: »
    Titan and kw series amplifiers didn't use tubes.

The preamps did use the nu Vista tubes

The new amplifier I posted doesn't have tubes either

There are 8 tubes nestled in the black bar at the top.

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    Very cool, I wouldn't mind hearing it but just doesn't excite me as much as an amplifier that requires dual 20 amp circuits and double is wattage down to 2 ohm. 1k, 2k, 4k 8, 4, 2 🚀
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Apologies for the duplication from Sept 2021, but I still love my MF Nu-Vista Vinyl phonostage.
    5rewvmjz70c8.png
    It has multiple loading value settings for both capacitance (MM) and resistance (MC), et al, and the resulting sound is amazing, and very neutral. The Nuvistor tubes add just a kiss to the sound, which is really all we need!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    Love the old musical fidelity stuff! Look at that faceplate!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Love me some MF. But dang those pieces are spensive! Would still love to get my ears on them
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • I saw this article regarding new release of set of four NuVistor Tubes for US$349:

https://www.stereonet.com/news/new-tweaks-for-musical-fidelity-nu-vista-owners

Musical Fidelity has released a limited-edition NuVistor Tube ideal for Musical Fidelity owners looking to tweak and get the best performance from their products.

The sets, limited to just 200 worldwide, contains four selected Nuvistors, which according to the company, “guarantee a perfect interaction and audiophile sound due to their properties.”
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    edited January 2023
    I saw that, too, Harry... although the article is a year-and-a-half old at this point. Henley Audio in the UK seems to have some sets remaining.

I'm not sure what is different about these compared to the stock Nuvistor tubes :/
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Holy flippin doodle good buddy.
    Can sell a kidney for one PAM.
    But……. 😳