LUMIN Streamer - IR Receiver - Anyone have info?

Options
CottageChz
CottageChz Posts: 366
edited January 2022 in Going Digital
I know a few people here have LUMIN streamers. I have a D1 myself. I saw that they offer an IR controller now. Thing looks slick, but for $250 no thanks. However, I think remote skip track and pause functionality would be really nice.

https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-ir-control-package.html

What I’m wondering is if I can accomplish IR control using my Logitech Harmony remote. Crazy price tag of the LUMIN remote aside, controlling it with my Harmony remote is the functionality I’m after anyway. The LUMIN doesn’t have a built in IR receiver (as far as I know). It looks like this new remote comes with one - presumably it hooks up via USB, since the product page says you need a spare USB port.

I’m wondering, could I buy a cheapo USB IR receiver like the one below and then program my Logitech Harmony remote? Anyone know?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4DFTVX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_AWM29QJWEYW6W2DJ2HDE

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    Sure but how will you know the codes to program?
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Ya know, I actually thought about that about 20 minutes after I posted this. I searched on Logitech’s app and they do not have any LUMIN devices in their library of codes. So you’re right about that problem. Crap.

Still curious if anyone has this remote or has any ideas on how to get a Harmony programmed to control a LUMIN device…
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    Can't you buy one of those IR collector things that will receive and record the codes that the remote is sending out?

Then you could just buy the Lumin IR thing for $250, harvest the codes, and return it. Of course I would never suggest actually doing something so distasteful. :p
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Join the AudioShark forum, go to the Lumin threads, and ask wklie. He is a Lumin rep and very helpful.

https://www.audioshark.org/lumin-169/
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Clipdat I definitely thought about that, I wouldn’t feel great about doing it though. I believe you can have the Harmony learn codes from another remote, so I wouldn’t need an IR collector thing.

@BlueFox Thank you for the info, I will see if I can get ahold of wklie.
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Well I bought a used Lumin remote and used it to program my Logitech Harmony. Using the Lumin remote and controlling with the Harmony both work great.

If there are other forum members who would like the IR codes to be able to control their Lumin with a universal remote I’m happy to try to share. I don’t know exactly how to get the codes but I think with some research we could figure it out. I know there are a few other Lumin users here @BlueFox and others.