What are your favorite concert videos?

Options
I do most of my listening on my 2ch rig, but lately I've enjoyed the occasional concert video in the HT. The problem with concert videos, is that most of them sound terrible - from poor recording quality, no bass, ridiculous abuse of the surround channels (Guitars coming from behind you), and so on.

I sincerely want to know what you all have come across that you can recommend. I'm not necessarily looking for the best SHOW, but more the best quality SOUND - If both can be had, so much the better.

One that I played the other night that fits the bill is Toto's Falling In Between from 2007 in Paris France. The sound is fantastic - great staging, the surrounds are used for ambiance to put you in the arena, the bass is tight and room-filling, and the clarity is a thing of beauty. The special rendition of Rosanna is killer, and Hydra with the opening drum solo is incredible. I also enjoyed the interviews with the band members.

I have the BluRay version, and listened in DTS HD - Highly recommend! What have you seen that you would recommend?

3iuyeb9sot6r.jpg
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I really like this one.

vtm3r744swal.jpeg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Love this one.

bfiznekudg7s.jpeg

I have several that are good.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Van Halen's "Live Without a Net". I've burned thru a VHS and 2 DVD's. Great show!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    An evening with Godsmack at the House of blues Las Vegas.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    butterbean wrote: »
    8at58l3ro28c.jpeg

I just bought all the 40th anniversary CD's Friday. 2112, Farewell to kings, Moving pictures, Hemispheres and Spirit of Radio. Each one has live concert concert CD of that tour that supposedly has not been released. Looking forward to them.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    Another one I've come across lately is Alison Krauss, A Hundred Miles Or More, Live From the Tracking Room. While not exactly a concert, it is a set of live takes from the studio. The sound is superb, even for DVD, and the duet with James Taylor is worth the $15 price in and of itself. Some great interviews, with some touching and humorous stories as well. Highly recommend.

56bpsllc638b.jpg
    riv13grc6in2.jpg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• recoveryone
    Options
    Sade 2011 concert Tour on Bluray, I've had this for awhile, but I played it for a few neighbors on my backyard system (6.2) using a Epson 1060 HT projector on a 180" screen played it in DTS highres and its very very good both visually & sound quality.
    9vap72ol0wpx.jpg
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's. I think it's only on DVD rather than Blu Ray but for audio quality that doesn't matter that much.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    cucypb7fw46o.png
    I saw Jackson Browne at the Royal Albert Hall. World class venue and, as a musician, you know you've made it when you play there.

Best conversation of the night was w/a native London Brit that "knew the lads" from Cream when they were starting out. He'd hang out at parties w/them and relayed they were "just guys from the neighborhood".

I have front row tickets to see Bonamassa in December! Not in London but should be excellent!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Osarion
    Osarion Posts: 180
    Options
    I've had the VHS of these since back in the day, haven't watched them in years but I do have a VCR in the closet.

2s58qyn794sc.jpg

f7qmm14d8wp5.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The 1972/74 remastered versions.

md2rb8ajeqzw.png

nmo3dbal2t5c.png

This one is awesome too. 2017 I believe.
    irdta7gv2x9n.png

e39nqfhyapz9.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • chrisroy76
    chrisroy76 Posts: 1
    edited October 2022
    Options
    With my closest friends, I usually love SSSniperwolf concerts when I have spare time. These days, I never skip. Every weekend, I go to SSSniperwolf gigs.
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Options
    mz1qsdcgkk2u.jpg
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Options
    vcobqxl75wpd.jpg
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • Typ44q
    Options
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    vcobqxl75wpd.jpg

Love the atmosphere of this performance, excellent choice!

Hard to pic a favorite but you can't go wrong with Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds live at Radio City
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Typ44q wrote: »
    Tim Reynolds

Wait . . . who????? Oh. Tim. :|
  • Braddles63
    Options
    Great rendition of stairway to heaven in front of the masters themselves.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZ_EFAmj08&list=WL&index=2
  • Braddles63
    Options
    The amount of talent on stage at this concert is incredible.

q8c1l6hdzdka.jpg
  • Braddles63
    Options
    Not a concert but great jam sessions. Search "Live from Daryl's House" Lots of different artists and genre's covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MbaGJN2ioQ&list=WL&index=4
  • Braddles63
    Options
    From a few years back but the old fella's can still rock it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-MdiUm1_Y
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Braddles63 wrote: »
    From a few years back but the old fella's can still rock it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-MdiUm1_Y

I've just bought this on blu-ray, excited to see it in it's entirety. I've seen parts here and there. If they did a tour it would break records!
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    Eagles Hell Freezes Over DTS is fantastic

Some of the Pat Metheny Group DVDs are ok in 2 channel. Speaking of Now Live is the best audio quality of all they have done live.

Los Lonley Boys Live From Austin is pretty well done.

Norah Jones Live In New Orleans

Dont waste your money on the Sting Brand New Day tour. The audio is terrible.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    chrisroy76 wrote: »
    With my closet friends, I usually love SSSniperwolf concerts when I have spare time. These days, I never skip. Every weekend, I go to SSSniperwolf gigs.

Fixed it.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus