PSW 200 Volume control

Options
Sferst
Sferst Posts: 2
edited August 2001 in Technical/Setup
I have a PSW200 subwoofer attached to the sub out jack of an Aiwa AV-DV70 receiver. At the lowest a setting of the volume control on the PSW 200 it still produces more bass than I care to have. Can this be modulated any further?
Post edited by Sferst on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I believe that if you try the "speaker wire" hookup, you will have more control over the bass response since you will be invoking the low pass filter within the sub itself.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • lbrenner
    lbrenner Posts: 33
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Check your receiver for its method of balancing your speakers. It should be possible to separately adjust the level of each speaker, including the sub. Then you could reduce the sub out and hopefully get the sub's volume control up into its middle range.

It's possible that the receiver is producing distortion by producing such a high sub out level, so you may get a secondary benefit from turning it down some.
  • Sferst
    Sferst Posts: 2
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Micah, you suggested I try the "speaker wire" hookup between my PSW200 and my Aiwa AV-DV70 receiver for more control over the bass response. Unfortunatey, I don't know what that means. Please explain. Thank you.