Rta11t corner damage

I recently had two speakers mailed to me solely in cardboard boxes and the delivery guys beat the $&/# out of them. What are my options here wood filler and paint?

tdv7426hbg3p.jpg
1xj9tdijsnpu.jpg

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Wood bondo, sand, primer then paint.

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    I’ve lost all faith in shipping companies, doesn’t matter which one. Yes, they should’ve been better protected, but there’s no excuse for dropping stuff on its corners.
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    I hope you got those speakers for free...
  • I wish I would've, they were in excellent condition before shipment
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    According to tick tock, all you need is ramen noodles and super glue
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Or a cucumber and jb weld lol
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I'd be considering returning those.
    have you talked to the seller?

maybe get permission to look inside and make sure the cabinets are sealed where they took impact. If they're not, I guess you could take your chances with trying to reseal them after the exterior repairs.

vinyl veneer on those, right?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Why would someone just ship speakers loose inside a box?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I'd seriously take up a grievance with the person who shipped them. They sure didn't care enough to protect your investment and charged you the shipping fee as well more than likely. Unless there is a substantial discount they can recall them at THEIR expense and keep them.

NO WAY you should pay for this INCOMPETENCE !!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    I agree you should be refunded or heavily compensated
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg wrote: »

maybe get permission to look inside and make sure the cabinets are sealed where they took impact. If they're not, I guess you could take your chances with trying to reseal them after the exterior repairs.

Yes vinyl veneers, the seller told me to file a claim with UPS and I tried but they return with an automated "item ineligible for claim status" he said he would try himself
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    Look on the bright side. With the frigid temps in most of the country, those would be great as firewood. :o
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2022
    stewdog09 wrote: »
    msg wrote: »

Yes vinyl veneers, the seller told me to file a claim with UPS and I tried but they return with an automated "item ineligible for claim status" he said he would try himself

Keep all boxes and contents or UPS is going to deny all of it, which they will probably do since you stated that it was just a cardboard box. They will need to see all packaging material. By the way unless you refused shipment due to damage or had UPS document the damage on delivery, in the past it was only the shipper who could file the claim.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Unless there was 2 inches of packing material such as hard foam board around every surface UPS will deny the claim. Bubble wrap or peanuts don't count.

Reading your post it appears there was zero packing material. The shipper owes you an immediate refund.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Unless there was 2 inches of packing material such as hard foam board around every surface UPS will deny the claim. Bubble wrap or peanuts don't count.

Reading your post it appears there was zero packing material. The shipper owes you an immediate refund.

Zero packing material, he offered me 25 dollars in damages, I said 100 he said yeah right blah blah thanks anyway. I'll just fix them myself and not have these old girls shipped anymore.
  • pitdogg2
    F1nut wrote: »

Zero packing material, he offered me 25 dollars in damages, I said 100 he said yeah right blah blah thanks anyway. I'll just fix them myself and not have these old girls shipped anymore.

I wouldn't have kept them. Next you be asking for how to fix magnets, where to find the drivers. The seller screwed you and you rolled over....
    How much did they cost you, shipping included ?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    File a PayPal dispute.
  • 200 + 100 shipping, best deal I could find around here in northern ny
  • pitdogg2
    200 + 100 shipping, best deal I could find around here in northern ny

How did you pay?