Sometimes good command decisions get compromised by bad emotional responses."

Best Answer

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,187
    Answer ✓
    Options
    CFarrell_SoundUnited
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform

Answers

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    Options
    Post spam and we will report for you 😁🚀
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    lonwa wrote: »
    Thanks

Whats up?
  • lonwa
    lonwa Posts: 83
    Options
    I had a post deleted that I would like to discuss.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    For sale thread?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,607
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Well we warned you @lonwa, guess you found out it does in fact matter no matter how long you have been here. A few were actually banned over it, maybe find comfort that you were not. You only have a few more needed to make the 100 post minimium, join some conversations and get to the 100 post mark.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Member since 2003? Holy smokes. Welcome back!

:)
  • lonwa
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Member since 2003? Holy smokes. Welcome back!

:)

Thanks. I have been here the whole time. I read a lot of threads, but don't post much. =)
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Seems to me that he should be able to post an ad. It’s not like he’s new. So his only resort is to quickly get another 19 posts done?
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,600
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This is an extremely knowledgeable group and there’s a definite camaraderie among the long-time members. As a result, lots of questions can be answered with the search function and it can be a little (“intimidating” is way too strong a word, so …) difficult to feel like jumping in. My goal is to knock out more than 4.25 posts per year, though. :blush:
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • lonwa
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    Seems to me that he should be able to post an ad. It’s not like he’s new. So his only resort is to quickly get another 19 posts done?

Sadly yes. I'm not feeling the love from the admins right now. =(

I am hoping it was just an algorithm that pulled my post, versus someone doing it manually. Feels like I should get some credit for my nearly 2 decades as a member, but if it's done programmatically then I understand.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    The rules for selling are clear and there are very good reasons for them. It doesn't matter that you've been here for close to 20 years with only 82 posts no one knows you.

Stick around and contribute to EARN the privilege of selling on the forum.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lonwa
    edited December 2022
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The rules for selling are clear and there are very good reasons for them. It doesn't matter that you've been here for close to 20 years with only 82 posts no one knows you.

Stick around and contribute to EARN the privilege of selling on the forum.

Just 17 more posts and I will be known. =)

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    You're on your way.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jghglofer
    Options
    I have been here 11 years. and still don't have 100 posts. I come here for the knowledge that the site has to offer. I have also seen new members get jumped on for asking questions that have been asked before and told to go look it up in the forum which is what I do but as a result of doing so I get now credit for being a member. my point is that sometimes your forum GODZ need to let us learn from the best by us asking a question that might have just been answered two months ago. we just want to learn from the best.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    My favorite is when you go to a forum and ask a question, and some jackleg pipes in with the oh-so-clever, "Dude! This topic has been discussed AD-NAUSEUM! try using the SEARCH! feature before you ask a question!"

Then, you search, and post on an old thread - if it hasn't been locked after three days activity - because your question hasn't quite been answered in that thread, and another site jacktard says, "Dude! Holy necro-posting! Jeeeeez! This thread is {x} {years/hours/minutes} old! Start a NEW thread!"

The internet used to be such a nice, friendly place.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    How about the jackwad the comes here for answers…doesn’t like what he hears then debates every answer because he’s not hearing what he wanted to hear
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    Options
    Btw, would you happen to know where I can get a set of RTA-15TLs?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2022
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Toed in or not.....?
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options

What happened to that dude? Banned I assume?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »

What happened to that dude? Banned I assume?

Yes
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    So, the flip side to the coin is this: what do you contribute to the community?

Sincerely, great that you come and read posts and so forth.....but it's a community, of sorts. So, yeah, if you choose not to contribute or participate.... and I mean no offense.....I don't see that an exception is really warranted.

Same thing about the one question wonders. Generally speaking, people will run to Google a million to search for things but they get to a forum and they can't do the same thing? I don't advocate being a hosebag to new folks but this isn't something endemic to the forum.....I participate in a FB page dedicated to the food scene/restaurants in Charleston and there are only som many times you can deal with "where is the best steak in town: GO!". Dude, it's not a unique question and in the search function you can find a ton of great reading....but folks, want concierge service but don't want to bother actually contributing to the community.

Just my .02
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • msg
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Toed in or not.....?

Maybe a little. I think they'll sound best with one turned in facing the cabinet. They create a torrent of audio convection this way. Best speakers ever.
    No wait... I've changed my mind. These things are horrible.
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options

Toed in or not.....?

Maybe a little. I think they'll sound best with one turned in facing the cabinet. They create a torrent of audio convection this way. Best speakers ever.

Wait. You told me pigeon toed was the best setup! Which is it?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

Toed in or not.....?

Wait. You told me pigeon toed was the best setup! Which is it?

Nooo, ma'aan, I told you pigeon toed because you have the SDA-15TLs.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Has anyone figured out what he actually paid for them yet? If he even has some, of course.
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM