SDA SRS2 rebuild

Bought a clunker SDA SRS2 (blade/blade) and am trying to sort out all the problems.
Already replaced 4 drivers that were frozen and burned out on the right side.
Have checked the others now and all are free with a measured resistance between 8 & 9 ohms (assuming) they're probably OK. all 8 being re-glued with epoxy before being reinstalled. Pulling the tweeters now and unsure what the measured resistance should be?? One removed so far with a mesasured resistance of 2.4 Ohms. Anticipating "re-coning" with those sold on ebay unless I can find a better source?
Anticipating re-capping with Dayton & soniccraft once I sort out the speaker situation.
Seems like this project is getting close to a money pit, but i like these speakers. Have another set of SDA2 and love them. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Best Answers

• engie490
    engie490 Posts: 425
    Answer ✓
    I like the RD-series tweeters much better, but if you want to stick with SL-2000s, let me know. I've got some leftover from upgrading my speakers.
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Answer ✓
    raystout wrote: »
    Reaching out to other SDR owners with a blade/blade connector that can check cable to see if the large blade is connected to the large blade.
    I'm making my own interconnect cable and need to know for certain how to connect. THANKS

The crossover happens in the cabinet. Make the wire large blade to large blade, small blade to small.
    You should consider making it a neutrik speakon connectors

https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/nl4fc

https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/nl4mpxx

Resistance on the SL2000 should be 6.9 or higher. If memory serves they are 8ohm tweeters.

Find some JB weld liquid metal epoxy and glue your drivers magnets quickly.

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    All the mid woofers MW6509? Sounds like you need the RD-0194 if you are replacing. The midwoofers are a BEAR to find. Keep your eyes peeled on ebay set up a search to notify you. Every once in awhile I'll see several for sale.
  • Thanks.
    I've already purchased 4 MW 6509s that I believe will meet my immediate need. I tried checking all drivers to ensure they're not frozen and that the resistance is OK.
    Ultimately planning on future upgrade to the RD-0194 but not until after i get the current compliment going.
    My immediate question is what resistance should the current SL2000s have? 2.4 ohms seems too low?
  • So if some 2000 tweeters are available I might be interested.
  • Reaching out to other SDR owners with a blade/blade connector that can check cable to see if the large blade is connected to the large blade.
    I'm making my own interconnect cable and need to know for certain how to connect. THANKS