Focal Chorus 807V Bookshelf Speakers

Irrenhaus
Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
Any opinions on these speakers. I think is a good price.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/7554467538.html

Cheers
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Would go listen. These aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. Price isn’t bad, but isn’t exceptional either. Probably about average in the used market.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    These are awesome for background music when not cranked up too loud. They are very detailed, absolutely no imaging to speak of, no real sound stage and tend to get very "excited" rather quickly when the volume is turned up high.

BUT, at reasonable listening levels they are a very, very nice sounding speaker. They are resolving, linear, with fair amount of clean midbass, decent punch and clear mids. It's a perfect speaker for where one is not required to sit constantly in the sweet spot. You can actually move around the room and the sound is pleasant.....again, at reasonable volumes.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I'd like to add one more thing.....they are revealing enough to where if you have any issues with upstream gear/components? They'll let you know in a heartbeat. The better the signal/gear, the better the end result as to what hits your ears.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Definitely not my cup of tea.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Not Focal's best effort. There's a reason why they are still for sale after a month.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    They are ok.
    Not my sound
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Irrenhaus
    Hi,

Thanks for the comments. I think is a pass for me. They are similar to my Usher V601 and those sound good.

Hope I dont get banned, posting on my flight to sunny Winnipeg. Ouch.

I will have another Karma coming soon for headphones.

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Chorus and chora is their entry level theater line
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Irrenhaus
    VR3 wrote: »
    Chorus and chora is their entry level theater line

Did not know that. Thanks.