New Sunroom at Verb's House!

Options
13»

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    So some updates. Very slow over the past month. My retaining wall concrete pour was a disaster! The forms failed and they had to stop the pour. Lot's of reasons why, but ultimately the contractor decided to go cheap and hand built the forms, which were insufficient. This held up putting windows and final surface materials (brick, siding).

A lot of drama, I was WFH and watching it all unfold (no pun intended) in real time!

In the end, since all the spillage and breaches were below grade, we decided to salvage what concrete that was there and use it as the basis for a block wall footing. All at his expense.

Finished retaining wall and entrance to crawlspace! Some cleanup yet to do.
    l40vj6wrcs8w.jpg
    6i6j9baaan1i.jpg

Testing the clearance of the lawn tractor! I am able to drive it in (yeah I have to lean way over, but it's driveable)
    fxsr6pxwpmg8.jpg

Now all my lawn stuff has a home out of the garage! Can't do a U-turn, but a 3 point turn inside and drive the tractor out!
    rmjoga9h1zrk.jpg
    x1wwcft5r9nv.jpg

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    Just curious when you will get around to the “new outhouse at Verb’s” thread…. :#:#:#

Looking good.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,175
    edited October 2022
    Options
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Just curious when you will get around to the “new outhouse at Verb’s” thread…. :#:#:#

Looking good.

That's the bushes behind the garage, just ask Russ.
  • verb
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »

Looking good.

That's the bushes behind the garage, just ask Russ.

Funny those contractors do just that if they have to go #1 :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    I remember you as taller. :|
    ombi3x9ask77.jpg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    What a long two years or more since the additions began. I'm glad you had a lot to do during the many countries' shutdowns.

That ramp turned out great although it was skinnier than planned.

Keep posting the progress. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    You have got the cleanest landscaping equipment I have ever seen in my life. Have you even used any of it yet?

All mine looks like it's been rode hard and put up wet!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • verb
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You have got the cleanest landscaping equipment I have ever seen in my life. Have you even used any of it yet?

All mine looks like it's been rode hard and put up wet!

Tom

My neighbors tease me about that too. I do spend time cleaning em up afterwards. The OCD kicking in I guess!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    New Shrooms At Verbs House!!
    8edpqd5owkgt.png
  • verb
    Options
    Speaker boxes completed. Test fit before installation!

4stxmz6qyddx.jpg

And the flexible conduit is all in place. This was a tougher job than I expected, but in the end well worth it. One of the builders helped me, as the the rest of the crew was either on vacation or doing other jobs.

Also blocked off the requisite volume for the in wall speakers (left/right/center/side) as well.

Thanks @pitdogg2 for spinning me up into doing the right thing. Certainly now is the time during rough construction!

qng7pt5rzwwe.jpg
    pjwqmmz7j72f.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Wow, those look like really nice in-wall speakers! Great job with the boxes/enclosures, too! This room is gonna be ROCKING!!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    I think you need more conduit... Personally

Looks awesome! Very neat work
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • verb
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Wow, those look like really nice in-wall speakers! Great job with the boxes/enclosures, too! This room is gonna be ROCKING!!!

Thanks Drew! Hard to optimize the speaker locations with so much glass on the walls! The Mrs didn't want anything, just a TV, lol, but finally agreed to in walls! I forgot to mention to her that I was putting in ceiling speakers too! Oops, she just shook her head when I showed her the final conduit setup!
  • verb
    edited December 2022
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »

Thanks! This was some work today, I'm beat. Vacation day too!

Newbie tip - If the OD on the conduit is 1-1/16", don't buy a 1-1/16" auger bit! Ugh! I had to ream the holes out after drilling to get the conduit to slide through.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    1-3/8”
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    edited December 2022
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    1-3/8”

Now you tell me ! Good thing is they're tight into the speaker enclosures, so minimal sealing required.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    VR3 wrote: »

Thanks! This was some work today, I'm beat. Vacation day too!

Newbie tip - If the OD on the conduit is 1-1/16", don't buy a 1-1/16" auger bit! Ugh! I had to ream the holes out after drilling to get the conduit to slide through.

:s

That's a tough job! I know. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Before you seal it all up, you may want to make sure that the conduit is secure at all pass through locations. You don't want a rattle that is...

1 - hard to locate
    2 - hard to get at

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    You need an Infinite baffle subwoofer
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    See, here I am trying to help eliminate rattles and then Trey comes in trying to introduce rattles....

:D

Tom
  • verb
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    1-3/8”

Now you tell me !
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Before you seal it all up, you may want to make sure that the conduit is secure at all pass through locations. You don't want a rattle that is...

1 - hard to locate
    2 - hard to get at

Tom

For sure. I'm clamping the conduit when it passes over a truss, or wall stud, top cap, etc. Agree, want to lock it down (over constrain it) everywhere. I bought a container of 100 conduit clamps just in case !
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    Make sure to put metal plates on the studs over where the conduit passes. The last thing you want to do is put a screw or nail through it when you try to hang a picture...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson