Who subscribes to Tidal

Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,042
edited October 2022 in The Clubhouse
My charge from Tidal this month didn't show up as being from Tidal, just said it was from Brickell Ave Florida. Did anybody else have that show up differently in their bank account charges this month? I called Chase and disputed it because I had no idea what it was, then days after disputing Chase sent me a digital letter in my account showing the dispute and now after all this it finally says it's from Tidal, well why didn't it say Tidal in the original charge? I just called Chase back to say the charge is legitimate sorry for wasting everyone's time now I have to wait for a new debit card to come in the mail too. Also now when I look in my charges it no longer just says Brickell Ave FL it shows Tidal?? What the heck is going on? Also I can't find a way to actually contact Tidal to let them know what happened or to figure anything out. Also also Tidal is located in NY?! What's with getting charged from Florida?
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    Mine is thru Best Buy and it recently renewed at $112.99 IIRC
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Nightfall
    I found the spot on Tidal's site to submit a question as a ticket, they'll get back in 24 hours. Still curious if anyone's charge this month just said Brickell Ave FL then magically changed to Tidal Miami FL after some time passed, that's just asking for charge disputes.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I also purchase through yearly subscriptions through Best Buy. Soo much cheaper that way!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    edited October 2022
    How does that work is it a physical card with a code on it you buy at the store? Maybe I'll just switch to that to avoid confusion in the future & remove my card info with them.

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Yeah I switched to the best buy deal recently big savings.

They givryou a code, cancel your current subscription and then you renew with the code, may have to wait until your old subscription is over
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Trey, didn't you say (offline) that your lists remain intact when you go that route?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Yes, nothing changes, once you register back everything is as you left it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    I was on a monthly direct thru TIDAL and I did wait for the end of one month and then before my card got charged for the next month, I cancelled and then jumped thru some hoops to start up the Best Buy subscription, using my same email. I don't know what would happen in any other circumstances. Everything remained for me. Favorites and all.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • rooftop59
    VR3 wrote: »
    Yeah I switched to the best buy deal recently big savings.

They give you a code, cancel your current subscription and then you renew with the code, may have to wait until your old subscription is over

This is what I did. On my second or third year using the yearly rate???

Another note - if you decide to cancel early you get a prorated refund. I was using the single account for the first couple years, then this year my 14 yo daughter suddenly walks around with her AirPods in, listening to tidal, so it was time for a family account. It was a bit of a pain, but you can either call or chat with BB CS and they will cancel and prorate your refund, then I just purchased the family plan.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • VR3
    Very cool. I really dig Tidal, literally no complaints.

Only thing I have found is they have a volume equalizer enabled that squashes dynamic range, make sure to turn off in settings
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    First responder program through tidal… can’t complain. Maybe other streaming sounds better but I haven’t sat down to compare
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Nightfall
    When I submitted the ticket it said they would get back to me in 24 hours. Nada.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Still paying monthly. I remember others getting in on the best buy deal. Anyone able to offer insight on switching? Do I need to create a new account? What happens to all the playlists? Would suck to recreate them.
  • VR3
    Just purchase, cancel your subscription. Whenever your current sub ends input the best buy code, done.

Everything stays as is
  • Nightfall
    dr9jki9c1xrw.png

• treitz3
    What is the sonic difference between Tidal's, "Premium Music" and "Hi-Fi Music"?

The cost difference is only $40/yr but I want to know what the sonic differences are. Are there any? I take it that premium is their standard service and the Hi-Fi is the higher quality/bit-rate streaming. Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • My mind is fuzzy on the bitrate/sampling figures for each, but the gist of it is the one you can get for $80/year from Best Buy is CD quality (1411 kbps I think). And the one that is $120/year from Best Buy, Hifi Plus, is the “higher quality” MQA, not sure of the sampling rate or whatever on that one.

I’m thinking of switching to the CD quality one, not sure yet though.
  • treitz3
    So, I was reading that the difference between "Premium" and "Hi-Fi" is that premium is compressed....so that's out.

Is the difference between "Hi-Fi" and "Hi-Fi Plus" just the MQA or is there more?...still researching....I don't want, nor do I need MQA. That's a freakin' joke to me.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Well, I went ahead and ordered the Hi-Fi Plus. Now I can play around with Quobuz and Tidal once again.

Tom
  • Ah, after reading your comment, I think the two I was comparing were HIFI and HIFI PLUS. The promo offers are real cheap so it’s worth it to try the HIFI PLUS if only for a few months.
  • rooftop59
    edited November 2022
    You only need Hifi if you don’t want MQA
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
  • treitz3
    Tidal subscribers....new album just hit. Thriller 40 and it's a "Master". Whatever that means.

9wtqosjqxcue.png

Is it just a strange coincidence that this appears at the exact same time as Mo-Fi's SACD release?

I report. You decide.

Tom
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Qobuz also has the high res non mqa version:)
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    Tidal subscribers....new album just hit. Thriller 40 and it's a "Master". Whatever that means.

9wtqosjqxcue.png

Is it just a strange coincidence that this appears at the exact same time as Mo-Fi's SACD release?

I report. You decide.

Tom

Not sure but I’ll be purchasing the sacd, love this album.
  • treitz3
    I literally just walked outside to go get that SACD. Hopefully Mo-Fi did good. Even the original CD sounds good but wouldn't mind it being the Crème de la Crème of recordings because the entire album, as you know, is great.

Tom
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    That album is a masterpiece. The man himself had serious mental issues. I might even go so far as to call him a piece of trash.
  • Nightfall
    edited November 2022
    Quincy Jones sure likes a sizzly top end.