New Honda 1/4 mi World Record

Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,042
edited November 2022 in The Clubhouse
0 to 198 mph in 6.91 seconds with only 4 pistons and H pattern, no sequential. If that doesn't impress, you're just a Honda hater. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFr82qnN0c
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Honda sucks... :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Honda sucks... :p;)

Insane amounts of air through that spooly boy right? :D

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    So it's not "only" four pistons. That would be good clickbait, you $*&#. lol

I thought I saw he has one of those vornado things on the bumper for the extra 15HP. good to know those things really work. (Rising Sun owner since 1992)
    auur911nz2az.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    ej2seanhai8r.jpg . That's crazy fast.. I have only been up to 147mph in a Chrysler 300 with a computer chip changed out "I was told" on our way to Nogjt Ranger concert 4 years ago. I was in back seat & I was not impressed. Speed scares me....My friend had a Honda Prelude & it was very nice & it was new back then. I bought a Civic 2 door kinda like this in 1983 used & in winter I'd go to the biggest parking lot & put it in reverse & spin around in circles. Made my son laugh & it was fun then. It would only cost 7-8 bucks to fill it. Too bad it rusted out
    Randy/Maine
  • msg
    I learned to do 180s in one of those tiny early 80s CVCCs, I think. I'm trying to remember the first car I did them in. but you're right, Randy, those little cars were fun! my best friend's hot older sister had one and we'd dog it.

old news by now, but you guys know where Civic came from right? the CVCC > Civic, and the CVCC meannnnnnnt... ??? :)B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited November 2022
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Shoot my pizza delivery guy does that every time I order a pizza
    😆😆

Lol...door dash guy after delivering to my house went up the block to turn around as I was pulling into my driveway and pulled up to back in....he was in a hurry

He honked at me and then revved his engine as I was backing up....well....I put an unopened beer can upside his head as he revved forward towards my truck thru his window.

I called the cops, my six pack now 5, was unopened, he went to jail for a warrant, and reckless driving as this was captured on my house cams.

Was not in the mood after a long week and a 10hr drive home.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    xschop wrote: »
    You throw enough money at anything it'll go fast. Question is, can you fit a large set of SDA's in the hatch for a road trip?

Two words
    Luggage rack
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I have to admit, that is impressive.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    You throw enough money at anything it'll go fast. Question is, can you fit a large set of SDA's in the hatch for a road trip?

Two words
    Luggage rack

I was thinking U-Haul.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Nightfall

It'll hold at least a pair of 2Bs from Arizona to Colorado.

• xschop
    F1nut wrote: »

Yeah, but he "destroyed" his car.
  • Nightfall
    edited November 2022

Nobody going for world records doesn't break. A lot. Top fuel dragsters rebuild after a quarter mile.

• Nightfall
    edited November 2022
    I enjoy this channel too. Leroy is a Corvette. Silly fast as well. He's got a mean El Camino too. A diesel swapped Ford Galaxy but that one doesn't get videos very often.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u2XfP8_zhGE

• msg
    Man, I'd drive Leroy as a daily driver.
    That's a wicked setup. Compact, tight and low.
    "Can you check my doors?"
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I enjoy this channel too. Leroy is a Corvette. Silly fast as well. He's got a mean El Camino too. A diesel swapped Ford Galaxy but that one doesn't get videos very often.

That video was shot in the small town of Bithlo, Florida on the Eastern side of Orlando. It had a local reputation as being home to a number of . . . unrefined citizens, shall we say.

I used to cover Deep Purple's "Woman From Tokyo" with these alternate lyrics:

My woman from Bithlo,
    She's got no teeth,
    My woman from Bithlo,
    She's twice as big as me.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

At least it wasn't vintage Polk speakers.

He trashed several sets of car audio SRT’s to make the car what it is now... It was a competition audio car before this.

Ok, I don’t actually know that, but it sounded plausible.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Pfooey. Those cars should've been kept in Smithsonian ready condition, just like vintage Polks :)
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • xschop
    That track vacuum mounted turbo doesn't look well thought out.
  • I just finished adjusting the valve clearances on my 96 Honda Civic EX VTEC 1.6L. This thread has me pretty excited at the potential HP I may have unleashed.....
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Nightfall
    edited November 2022
    Should at least be putting down about 92 to the wheels now instead of 91

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    *yawn*
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Wow
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound