Monitor 7C’s - FS in Utah

I recently reworked a nice pair of 7B’s which I’m going to veneer to match our decor. So, my ghetto-find, full rehab 7C’s are up for grabs.

Mods and improvements:
- cabinets stripped of vinyl and veneered with ash, stained, topped with polyurethane
- hurricane nuts & 8/32 screws on all drivers
- new RD0-194 tweeters w/washers on the backsides of the screw holes
- damped baskets on woofers (Dynamat) and passives (Noico)
- MW magnets powergrabbed
- improved gaskets throughout
- rear walls treated with 6” squares of Acoustic Barrier (3/4" thick) behind the MW's
- custom crossovers with polyswitches eliminated, SonicCaps and Mills resistors.

Things to know: They still have the original internal wiring and binding posts (those are about the only things I haven’t upgraded.) Grille cloth is original, good shape. One grille peg is broken off, haven't taken the time to replace it. One PR was damaged, but not penetrated/torn before I bought them - it has been repaired and reinforced. Not as pretty as it could be, but the cabinet seal is excellent. These were also an early veneer project for me, they look pretty good for diy imo …but I’m sure a pro would point out my mistakes.

Oh, how do they sound? A-frickin-mazing. I’m really not excited about selling them, but I just don’t need two pairs.

I do have an extra pair of unmodified Monitor 7C crossovers that I could load in the speakers if you don’t want the nice ones. I would consider selling the mod crossovers separately... I value the mod crossovers alone at $250 (just the cost of just the caps these days is more than that). If you want, I would rework the stock crossovers with whatever flavor of caps you would like and load them up for a negotiable fee.

I am firm at:
- $350 with the mod crossovers & 194’s
- $225 with the stock crossovers & 194’s
- $150 with the stock crossovers & a perfect condition pair of sl-2000’s
- $150 + negotiable if you want me to mod the stock crossovers and/or include the 194’s

Also available are a pair of custom 6deg tilt-back stands that raise the tweeters to around 30” +$45 to add the stands to any option listed above.

I would love to not ship these, but there's not a lot of Utahns on here with the Polk disease that I know of… Could deliver as far north as Boise ID or as far south as Las Vegas NV - sometimes I get that far afield for work. However, I am willing to explore shipping (in the continental US) at the buyer’s expense. PayPal for the $$, buyer covers fees. Message me with questions. Thanks for your consideration!

i6ov2fduv0wo.jpeg
bmgp6x49e4gt.jpeg
gnnvofdjak5f.jpeg
0pay69sw1a7x.jpeg
dqwvnx2yds5m.jpeg
kz9yl6eizwfg.jpeg
umlit26d26ul.jpeg
9odrxvztshns.jpeg
eyes2u7h6ffb.jpeg

Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.

Comments

• JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    These have been sold.
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Congrats on the sale! Those look sweet!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Well, since you put it that way, I'll take them!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.