Adderall

Options
When did this suddenly become so common?
Over 41 million prescriptions in the U.S.?
It's now in short supply and experts are worried
users will turn to the illegal market for alternatives.
Why are doctors and parents playing with this stuff.
I'm pretty sure the medical community didn't learn
their lesson from opiates.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,604
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »

Because teachers push parents to put their kids on it.
    I've seen so many kids end up cocaine/Meth addicts after they were removed from the Adderall.
    It is nothing more than pharmaceutical Meth.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,374
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Marketing and greed. Amphetamines have been around a long time. FDA says there are legal alternatives and the shortage is not long term. Maybe there would be fewer prescriptions if parents or patients were told they have a choice of being prescribed amphetamines rather than just an innocuous “Adderall” pill to cure behavioral issues that could be addressed in other ways. Also treats narcolepsy.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-announces-shortage-adderall
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I've seen so many kids end up cocaine/Meth addicts after they were removed from the Adderall.

And in college this stuff is passed around like candy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Apparently you can get an online prescription by answering
    a few questions in a chat session. Then a guy with a doctorate
    In medicine rubber stamps it. Just like getting the blue pill.
    I guess we are just about to the point of selling this stuff
    at the checkout of 7/11.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,719
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Two bags please...

https://youtu.be/YFMUERIJRPM
    Post edited by xschop on
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options

But yet Cannabis is still illegal at the federal level.. eyeroll.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    A young guy I worked with a few years ago told me everybody he knew was on Adderall for every test they studied for in college
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,093
    Options
    Mr Natural “seems” relatively harmless compared to the chemistry available on the street in 2022.
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Mr Natural “seems” relatively harmless compared to the chemistry available on the street in 2022.

Shoot that and magic mushrooms has been on ballots to legalize. Mushrooms made it in Colorado starting in 2023
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,467
    Options
    Wtf is Mr Natural?
    I disabled signatures.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Just say No!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • msg
    Options
    NO! I don't want to go in your dirty white panel van to play with Mr Natural!
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    NO! I don't want to go in your dirty white panel van to play with Mr Natural!

Mr Softee more your speed??

nzpdi9leprcj.png
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• msg
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Lol! You start a new business?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Lol! You start a new business?!?

This is a New Jersey company....but they have an outfit for you

d2rsezle2r2u.png

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,697
    Options
    There's a solution for everything.

ctkmncixum8a.jpg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,823
    Options
    Wtf is Mr Natural?

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    The solution is to get rid of Pfizer.
    Awful people. I had to deal with them
    on a business level. About as bad as
    American Airlines.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Wtf is Mr Natural?

Seriously? Did you grow up in a house full of nun's
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,719
    Options
    The solution is to get rid of Pfizer.
    Awful people. I had to deal with them
    on a business level. About as bad as
    American Airlines.

Back when I was running a lab, they'd show up at least once a week with bribe lunches. I'd play Curtis in the background on youtube repeat. Fun times.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    Wtf is Mr Natural?

j1b4a0wkbqcp.jpg
    LSD blotter
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    Wtf is Mr Natural?

j1b4a0wkbqcp.jpg
    LSD blotter

Not in my world, Mr natural was the liquid form. A drop or two on the tongue or sugar cube and let the fun begin. Blotter,window pane and microdot came along later.
  • msg
    Options
    Wtf is Mr Natural?

Seriously? Did you grow up in a house full of nun's

Yes. But there had to have been at least one monk. Or a grounds keeper.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    h9n57vqcw724.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    edited November 2022
    Options
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    Wtf is Mr Natural?

LSD blotter

Not in my world, Mr natural was the liquid form. A drop or two on the tongue or sugar cube and let the fun begin. Blotter,window pane and microdot came along later.

But don't eat the brown A
    92kd4lqmrpar.png

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Brown no good!!
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,764
    Options

Well, I'm no doctor, and I don't play one on TV.

I'm very curious to how many cases we have requiring adderall, that are linked to kids confining themselves to a room with a PC game, social media, and a case of soda. With all this starting at the age of say....6 or 7?

Not in my house, but I've seen, well, second hand, what happens with this on more than one occasion.

Insulin resistance, the many side effects of it, dopamine hits, etc....it's no surprise why we have so many kids with ADHD, and focus issues.

I'm sure there are people who do things right and just end up like this, nobody is perfect, but in many cases, there's other means to help and possibly prevent this.

Just my $.02.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »

I'm very curious to how many cases we have requiring adderall, that are linked to kids confining themselves to a room with a PC game, social media, and a case of soda. With all this starting at the age of say....6 or 7?

Not in my house, but I've seen, well, second hand, what happens with this on more than one occasion.

Insulin resistance, the many side effects of it, dopamine hits, etc....it's no surprise why we have so many kids with ADHD, and focus issues.

I'm sure there are people who do things right and just end up like this, nobody is perfect, but in many cases, there's other means to help and possibly prevent this.

Just my $.02.

Exactly...
    The old term "boys will be boys" went out the window along with discipline and consequences. Many think/thought the little pill would be the cure...sad

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Easier to just throw an iPad/iPhone in front of your kid these days versus actually, you know, being a parent.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    gmcman wrote: »

Just my $.02.

Exactly...
    The old term "boys will be boys" went out the window along with discipline and consequences. Many think/thought the little pill would be the cure...sad

God forbid you say boys will be boys, all the pronoun adopters will have you hung by your family jewels