TOOL Fear Inoculum on vinyl is coming..

2»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Has anyone had theirs ship yet from Acoustic Sounds? Came out 2 days ago, mine still says in progress.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I got mine from Amazon, received it on Friday, packaging is really nice, my two complaints are the book is hard to open up without splitting it apart, and the laser etching is meh, I really expected the etching to be much better, especially with a package like this, and it being TOOL..

I haven't played any of the vinyl yet, but I have contemplated returning it back to Amazon, yes I am disappointed in it, maybe that will change when I play it.

I am not alone in complaining about this, some of these have already split open on some customers.

I was actually going to reach out to you yesterday to see what you thought..
  • Nightfall
    Mine finally changed to shipped but the tracking # isn't working on the FedEx side yet so I assume it's all setup and ready to ship but hasn't been handed over to FedEx yet.

Unfortunate to hear about the poor binding quality.

Should I just leave it sealed as a collection item to be admired or open it & hope nothing splits...

• Toolfan66
    YOLO Open it and enjoy it IMO!!!
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I got mine from Amazon, received it on Friday, packaging is really nice, my two complaints are the book is hard to open up without splitting it apart, and the laser etching is meh, I really expected the etching to be much better, especially with a package like this, and it being TOOL..

I haven't played any of the vinyl yet, but I have contemplated returning it back to Amazon, yes I am disappointed in it, maybe that will change when I play it.

I am not alone in complaining about this, some of these have already split open on some customers.

I was actually going to reach out to you yesterday to see what you thought..

Bummer that it's not up to snuff, but makes me very glad I held off on this one.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Nightfall
    Came in a real nice box with a handle. If I'm taking a picture of it Massari is interested in what's going on, he's always in every picture. :D

I'll open it in a minute.

g0vghc8k3o74.jpg

• Nightfall
    Yeah the binding sucks. The glue is hanging on for dear life & I'm not even separating the pages hard. I think I'll just go buy some Goodwill records just for the outer sleeves & keep these records in there so I'm not constantly messing with the original packaging.

yygwse4fgsah.jpg
    4mjfzte9t3bt.jpg

• Toolfan66
    What about the etching on the vinyl??
  • Nightfall
    edited April 2022
    It's not very easy to take pictures of the etchings so they show up on camera but also aren't filled with reflections. This is the best I could do hopefully it's good enough to compare with what you got. They all look good in person to me anyway.

qb2bem7g3wre.jpg
    yf22ug1a77oc.jpg
    bcyymqs4qzza.jpg
    6vh513cbab6n.jpg
    4ytquh3a7l7i.jpg

• Nightfall
    I have other etched vinyl as well and it looks like my others do, the light has to bounce a certain angle for them to pop. They do not look like the product pictures, and I have never seen etchings like that in real life, I believe those are exaggerated so you can see them well.

zo0vg5nbf029.jpeg

• Toolfan66
    I ended up returning mine to Amazon, I wasn't happy with it at all...
  • Nightfall
    edited April 2022
    My memory sucks. Pulled a different etched record out and it does pop more. This one is more just solid etching where the Tool record etchings have granular detail though.

m0bclxoox8n4.jpg

• Nightfall
    edited April 2022
    I will keep mine. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the binding. It's mastered at Bernie Grundman by Chris Bellman according to Discogs from 2" tape. It sounds very good to me.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/chris-bellman-appreciation-thread.273865/

Reviews start on page 20

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/tool-fear-inoculum-on-vinyl.1134197/page-20

• Nightfall
    Some people aren't so bright, asking if there's hidden music on the etched side WITH NO GROOVES. 🤦

tilu1280s23v.png

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    I think I'm in for the blu-ray :)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I’m glad I waited. This is much more reasonable.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Nightfall
    Possibly 10,000 Days coming out on record?

2te0nzp7hb0j.jpg