Can I Take A My Polk Audio (AMR130) Back To Polk Audio?

Is It Possible? Cause I'm Not Going To Buy A New AMR130 System And I Think The (11/2001) Is When The Warranty Expires I Wish I Got It Fixed And It Was Never Popping And This Would Not Have Happened If It Popped Also, Taking It Apart Was A VERY BAD Idea

Answers

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Are you asking if the AMR130 could be sent to a Polk authorized repair shop? Given it's so far out of warranty a local repair shop may be able to take a look at it but their charges just to diagnose a problem are usually more than the value of the system.

If I were in the situation I'd figure out what my need was for speakers first before deciding whether to attempt a repair on that type of system. Especially given how old it is and the likelihood one repair may lead to another.

Is the need just for a pair of stereo speakers to hook up to a computer? Or was the AMR130 being used for a home theater system? There are likely far less expensive options than trying to get someone to repair the system.
  • Emlyn wrote: »
    Are you asking if the AMR130 could be sent to a Polk authorized repair shop? Given it's so far out of warranty a local repair shop may be able to take a look at it but their charges just to diagnose a problem are usually more than the value of the system.

If I were in the situation I'd figure out what my need was for speakers first before deciding whether to attempt a repair on that type of system. Especially given how old it is and the likelihood one repair may lead to another.

Is the need just for a pair of stereo speakers to hook up to a computer? Or was the AMR130 being used for a home theater system? There are likely far less expensive options than trying to get someone to repair the system.
    It's Not A Home Theater System, It's A 5.1 Computer Speaker But When You Turn It On With The Front Speaker It Flashes The LED Linked To The Subwoofer And Front Speaker And It's So Loud That It Bleeds My Ears But I Took It Apart Then My 5-Year-Old Son Broke Off The Peice To Turn On The Speaker System And Turn Up Or Down The Bass And It's A Old Speaker Speaker System And It Was Last Turned On In 2020
  • Emlyn wrote: »

It Looks Something Like Thispolkamr130_r_image3.jpg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Polk will not repair it, too old.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    There's like a bazillion good electronics repair facilities out there that could repair it if you love it that much.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • OldLinuxDistros
    OldLinuxDistros Posts: 19
    edited November 2022
    audioluvr wrote: »
    There's like a bazillion good electronics repair facilities out there that could repair it if you love it that much.

It Should Repair It And By The Way, It Is 21 Years Old (Not That Old It Says 11/2001) So Don't Worry, The Warranty Is Still There Or I Can Get A New Warranty If That Is Possible
  • F1nut wrote: »
    Polk will not repair it, too old.

It's 21 Years Old And It's Not That Old Cause You Can Still Repair It At Other Places
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    21 is an eternity in the realm of disposable consumer electronics. Production of specific transistors (Used for signal amplification) are constantly being discontinued in the name of obsolescence, and that is to say nothing of IC chips. As someone who repairs audio electronics as a hobby, I can tell you that sourcing and cross referencing parts is a big part of the process, as many parts are simply not made any more. Often a suitable replacement can be found, but that's hard work. IF you could source a schematic, and IF you could troubleshoot the problem, chances are slim that you could even find the parts to repair the unit. Polk is not going to mess with it, nor should they - the unit has served its purpose admirably, let it rest in peace(pieces) and move on to a new unit.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Stop Typing Like This.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Or Clip can go back to response above quote, like he used to do that drove us nuts
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Stop Typing Like This.

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Sure thing, I'm flexible!
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Or Clip can go back to response above quote, like he used to do that drove us nuts
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Stop Typing Like This.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    NOOOOO!!! :D:D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Sentences! Toss it. Too old for repair to be economical.
  • DaveHo wrote: »
    Sentences! Toss it. Too old for repair to be economical.

Like I Said, It's Not That Old And It's 21 Years Old
  • Maybe I Could Contact Polk Audio, I Hope They Fix My 5.1 Speaker System
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The bulb is dim.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Old enough to drink now, buckle up.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Maybe I Could Contact Polk Audio, I Hope They Fix My 5.1 Speaker System

Yeah, do that. Maybe they will get back to you in 21 years. That's not that much time.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Don't Do Drugs.

dRuGs ArE bAd.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Maybe I Could Contact Polk Audio, I Hope They Fix My 5.1 Speaker System

https://i.imgflip.com/70fhqe.jpgya4ojp3m5hir.jpeg

lol