John Mayall Box Set

Options
JayCee
JayCee Posts: 1,480
edited November 2022 in Music & Movies
Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
Post edited by JayCee on

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Thanks, ordered.
  • JayCee
    Options
    Excellent. Looks to be a nice set. Only real complaint from someone that purchased it was re. the BBC recordings. Appear to be some radio broadcasts and audience recordings, so I think the criticism is a bit nitpicky...I can live w/this on those 2 CD's.

From the AllAboutJazz review..."As if that weren't enough, the box also includes a two-disc set of BBC recordings from April 1965 through November 1968, taken from a variety of sources ranging from relatively low-fi radio broadcast recordings to more pristine masters. A further seven previously unreleased live recordings round out the set, all sounding like audience recordings of varying quality, but sonically restored as best as possible and still plenty listenable."

All in at $2.285714285714286 per CD, plus the bonus materials (book, posters, etc), I'd wager we'll make out just fine! :smile:
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,002
    Options
    That was a short sale…
    Went to order and @ checkout it was $346.
  • JayCee
    Options
    No joke. That sucks. I wonder if it was a mistake? Received a tracking number this AM and it's showing Monday delivery.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Tomorrow for me.
  • skipshot12
    Options
    That’s my luck.
  • JayCee
    Options
    Keep checking...perhaps, a Black Friday price will pop back up?
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    That was a short sale…
    Went to order and @ checkout it was $346.

$450 now. 😢
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • JayCee
    Options
    Keep checking. Initially, I was tipped off to the price on another forum I belong to. The OP received his box earlier today and he just reported it's the real deal...a steal at $80. He also stated he saw it back to $80 this morning.

Keep refreshing/checking. I'd also suggest clearing your browser cache as it may affect the price you see based on algorithms and such. Last year I ran into this. Wanted to purchase a cordless tool set (Kobalt) from Lowe's and discovered different prices based on which browser I used and if the site thought I was a first-time hit. Appeared to be based on geographical location even though it was an on-line purchase. I was able to get the lower price regardless of my mailing address once it was in the shopping cart.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I received it today, pretty impressive at first glance. Seems incredibly complete and detailed that's for sure.
  • skipshot12
    Options
    Tried again early this morning and it’s even higher.

Will keep checking to see if it goes back down in price.
    80 bucks is just too hard to pass up.
  • skipshot12
    Options
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    Beautiful subwoofer!
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    edited November 2022
    Options
    A vintage Janis W1 that I've had for a long time in Brazilian rosewood. A cello sounds like a cello.