FS: Analysis Plus Oval 9 - 'black mesh' speaker cables - 6 ft pair

Options
I’ve got a 6 ft pair of Analysis Plus Oval 9 ‘Black Mesh’ speaker cables in excellent condition. These sell for over $600 new.
$250 shipped/Paypal’d
zjuo8avc14g8.jpg
d32bhpax8g3m.jpg
q8g3q5pofg7d.jpg
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    Options
    I own a 12’ bi Double Run of these on my bedroom rig and they are amazing! Great opportunity to upgrade your set up right here! GLWS
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    Weekend mark down for Polkies only, $200 shipped!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 561
    Options
    I'm interested, but have a question. With spades, how does this work with the metal jumpers intact on biwire speakers? Would I need jumpers with bananas?
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • dragon1952
    Options
    dagame27 wrote: »
    I'm interested, but have a question. With spades, how does this work with the metal jumpers intact on biwire speakers? Would I need jumpers with bananas?

I believe the spades would just fit on top of your existing jumpers which should be pretty thin.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Post a picture of your speaker binding posts and we can tell you more.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I have an 8' foot pair of these and am looking for another pair to bi-amp. Will send my 8' pair to Analysis Plus to have them matched with the 6 footers.
    This is a great price for these.

If dagame doesn't decide to buy I'll take them, he asked first.
  • dragon1952
    edited November 2022
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Post a picture of your speaker binding posts and we can tell you more.

Tom

If they are the Von Schweikert VR2's in his signature they look like this.
    What I would do is unscrew the binding post and see how much clearance there is left after the metal strips.

zi5t2erdjqwc.jpg
  • dagame27
    Options
    Thanks. It looks like plenty of room when unscrewed. I just wasn't sure if the metal jumper could still be used. I'll take these. Side question...is there any sonic difference between these and the old oval 9 purple? I was going to try that for the center. It'll be interesting to see how these compare to the MIT avt I've used for years.
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • treitz3
    Options
    You'll be fine doing just what you said.

That said, I would advise getting a pair of jumper cables to better suit your needs.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    edited November 2022
    Options
  • dagame27
    Options
    Thanks. Am I correct in assuming the jumper connector would have to be different than the cable connector?
  • treitz3
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Not neccassarily, although I would recommend it. Get banana jumpers, so the spades can be utilized with the posts exclusively.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Well the speaker cable is spades correct? So you could go spades on one end of the jumper and bananas on the other. They are both the same price. It's really personal preference.
    I originally priced bananas on both ends. Personally I prefer bananas. My jumpers have spades on both ends. That is only because I bought them used, the price was too good to pass up. My speaker cable is bananas.
  • dragon1952
    Options
    These have been SOLD! Thanks to everyone for their input.
  • dagame27
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to find a used set of Analysis Plus silver jumpers for a decent price.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    DANG !! Go big or go home !! Congrates.