Question?

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,889
edited November 2022 in The Clubhouse
What would be the term, or what would you call someone that constantly is posting about themselves?

A lady i know constantly does this about certain things she does or gets, and will do many posts about the samething/event, especially pictures, it’s like ok we get it, we saw the fist post about the award you got from the school you work at yesterday, we didn’t miss it, we don’t need to see it 10 more times in a different way, oh you made it your background picture as well, that is so cute, you are awesome!!!

I don’t get it!!! There has to be a name for this behavior, or medical term besides crazy lady..

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    Narcissist?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2022
    Conceited Narcissistic (b)itch? There is medication for it (so I'm told), but you have to be willing to take it first and the side effects probably include: suicidal thoughts, liver damage etc...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,045
    edited November 2022
    I feel like there are a couple of those types on CP, but they aren’t as blatant about it.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited November 2022
    Conceited, narcissist, needs lots of validation, attention seeking.

By the way have you seen my sweet new TMNT action figures?

zy10zg5yk06i.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Insecurity. She has to constantly make posts about her accomplishments to feel better about herself.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,677
    Attention Wh0ring
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    edited November 2022
    self-centered
    ego-centric
    solipsistic

is there a prize?
    do I win?

This is all about me, after all. Why... I remember this time in grad school...
    :#

as my father used to say of such people:
    He (she/they) has a lot to be humble about

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,306
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    What would be the term, or what would you call someone that constantly is posting about themselves?

Blocked.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    edited November 2022
    s h * t on a stick
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    I remember this one time at band camp….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Based on what I've been seeing in recent years the word is...

Average
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    Fledgling social media influencer?
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Just tell her "show me your globes" she will either be offended and shut the F up, or she will oblige ...either way a win win...
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Bahahaaaaa.....
    Millenial?
    Nah, that's more of a whiner.
  • That time I single handed fought off an entire squad of attacking Germans .....
    ......in a bar in Norfolk,Va. Seems they're a liitle senitce about the vertical arm salute. 🙄
    Sal Palooza
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Depending on what she's wearing.... any Only Fans influencer?

The Internet was supposed to connect us. In many ways I feel it has made us less social. We are social creatures that want to share our days with those who care about us, that is normal behavior. Without the Internet this meant making the effort to get in contact with a limited number of people. That's how lasting friendships were formed. But with the Internet the effort is low risk to reach a greater number of people. But it's a shallower relationship compared to the former behavior, and leads to the negative attention seekers you guys have described.
  • ^ what max said.

It’s also caused lose of social skills, not only communication ones.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    ^ what max said.

It’s also caused lose of social skills, not only communication ones.

It also cause people to trip over curbs and fall on their face...the security videos I've seen on our systems is priceless.
    And if the phone breaks, that's an encore bonus.

Some of the people actually try to sue #facepalm
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    It also cause people to trip over curbs and fall on their face...the security videos I've seen on our systems is priceless.
    and scuff their boots.
    Depending on what she's wearing.... any Only Fans influencer?

The Internet was supposed to connect us. In many ways I feel it has made us less social. We are social creatures that want to share our days with those who care about us, that is normal behavior. Without the Internet this meant making the effort to get in contact with a limited number of people. That's how lasting friendships were formed. But with the Internet the effort is low risk to reach a greater number of people. But it's a shallower relationship compared to the former behavior, and leads to the negative attention seekers you guys have described.
    I think it started off very well. fb and and more social platforms after it accelerated the negatives.
    but I agree with everything you've said. that is the current state of things. it's just gotten uglier and more disgusting. worst site of all? Next Door. angry neighbor social platform rejects.

I disabled signatures.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Next door? Useless for 90% of the time.
    The only thing it was good for around here
    is when my neighborhood was de-annexed.
    Then there were a few posters helping out with
    useful information. But most of it is people
    complaining about every little thing.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson