Buchardt Zebras

Options
It’s been a hellUvaDay . . . Neighbors sez my dog (Frannie) attacked their dog and claims 3K in vet bills .... I was nowhere in site. It happened in seconds . . . mother Trucker. Next order of biz ness

ZEBRAS delivered vfemjka6uizo.jpeg
jnncbq7yfdqb.jpeg
today.

Better pix to follow . . . I’m just beside myself with the “man bites dog thing”

Anyone else in-on this limited run of Zebras? . .soxevmntzwta.jpg

Sexy beeotches

5d3r75p6m6kf.jpg

I’ll fire-up these ban boys in the AM and let them run-in
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    Looks awesome

Crazy about the dog though... Wild stuff, how that resolves amicably
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    WHY would you CHEAT on your SALKS like that!

And then even PUT THE MISTRESS ON TOP IF THEM!!!!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    Congrats! B)

Sweet looking yet odd. I feel like they are upside down.
    I went to the site and they have them built both ways.
    Their A500SE look... disturbing. :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    edited October 2022
    Options
    WHY would you CHEAT on your SALKS like that!

And then even PUT THE MISTRESS ON TOP IF THEM!!!!!

It’s the 45 day trial period. . . . Not really gonna listen for about 10 days 😉

The Salk HT2-TLs are the shizzle. If you can score a pair on the used market... you’ll thank me L8R
    Salks aren’t going anywhere soon. Just doing some experimenting

Just got these up and running. First thought after a song or 9. Bright. But they’re already setting down

Left/right zebras might be too far apart (for my room), as the balance between L/R is limited (meaning the sweet spot/imagining area is pretty narrow). Speakers are about 10.5 feet apart

Stellar fit N finish. Much better looking in person than the pix above.
    I think these will morph into special speakers for the coin

Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »

The Salk HT2-TLs are the shizzle. If you can score a pair on the used market... you’ll thank me L8R
    Salks aren’t going anywhere soon. Just doing some experimenting

You must be confusing my wallet for Jesse’s or BlueFoxs lol…..

I will continue to sit and druel but can’t be a player at the price those sit at, ignoring I’d need a custom center lol.

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • GlennDog
    Options
    When you win lotto, I’ve got a Salk center channel with matching drivers that I picked up from @falconcry72

Whatever happened to that dogg?

In all seriousness, if you are in need of bookies . . . The R200s are well worth the dime
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Congrats! B)

Sweet looking yet odd. I feel like they are upside down.
    I went to the site and they have them built both ways.
    Their A500SE look... disturbing. :#

Not upside down. There's a number of monitor speakers out there with the tweeter at the bottom.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Not crazy about the finish, how do they sound I guess is more important.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the dog thing. Enjoy your Zebras!

I like the clown! I just have a Deadmau5 mini speaker thingie...

2eg94a4qcovm.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • GlennDog
    edited October 2022
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Not crazy about the finish, how do they sound I guess is more important.

Tonight is day #2 with maybe 10 hours on them. So far, they sound good-to-VG. Still way too soon for critical listening

I’ve heard the speakers are made by Satori, but cannot confirm that

Edit: oh, they are much better looking in person. I think they’d be a stand-out in a brightly lit, whitish room (mine is not, at this time)
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    2eg94a4qcovm.jpg

Beautiful case work . . . Looks like Salk quality. Congrats!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I’ve heard the speakers are made by Satori

You mean the drivers, right? I thought Buchardt designed them, but they are made in China. I'm pretty sure I saw Buchardt labels on them, FWTW.

Edit: Yep...
    8umia6zf81et.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I’ve heard the speakers are made by Satori

You mean the drivers, right?

Yes sir ... my bad
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Those woofers look very similar to the SB acoustic drivers that are used in the Helios kit I am using. Obviously 6” vice 8” but looks to be from the same SB family

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/sb-acoustics-sb23nrxs45-8-8-woofer/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-fmZBhDtARIsAH6H8qj3ztMiMgaBbC0apIYFbOeE-VYdp70Fs09A0OrbeFVl6T1hpsc8oIoaAozEEALw_wcB
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    Options
    This is probably the actual driver used in the buchardts. Nice drivers but not unique, I’m sure they are tweaked a bit by the OEM though

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-6-7-woofers-sb-acoustics/sb-acoustics-sb17nrx2c35-4-6-woofer-paper-cone-new-version-4-ohm/

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • GlennDog
    Options
    I wonder . . .those are fairly inexpensive. The Raal ribbon tweeter and Seas are well run in ( in the Salk HT2-TLS ... not so much on the Salk Surrounds, with similar but different size drivers)

Regardless, the zebras sound similar, to my ears .... at this point. Except brighter, as mentioned earlier
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    If both speakers are relatively linear that is not to surprising
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • GlennDog
    Options
    a month-in and I’m a happy camper . . . the mkII Zebras are staying. They excell with ample wattage (I’ve only powered them with my Rogue m180s). I’ll eventually power them with the Pass Aleph 30 and the Backert Rhumba

The forward/brightness has been tamed (and the slight smearing, too). These really fill a room with sound. A BIG room, too

IIRC, Brian @erniejade mentioned that these might be near field contenders. Perhaps. I haven’t tried them that way.

Perhaps a bit pricey, but Such Good Sound 😉
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    I like your choice of mustard. good stuff.
  • stangman67
    Options
    Glad to hear you love them, always been a very intriguing speaker to me. I could have bought a set of those for what these DIY bookshelf speakers are costing me to build!

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Glad to hear they burned in well. Driver burn in is more important than some people think!!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.