Supra Quadrax and Duelund Dca speaker wire

Options
Supra quadrax, pair, unterminated, approx 12 ft long

Overall good condition, may have a knick in the outer jacket. If you install tech flex would never know.

Extremely good sounding wire for the money.

A 2m terminated pair sells for 350

8.54 a ft raw.

Asking $120 shipped for the pair
30sgvmsvust7.jpg

Approx 10 ft pair, Duelund Dca12 oil baked cotton tin plated copper, based on old western electric wire.

Extremely good sounding wire for the money. Overall good condition, may have a snag in the outer jacket, nothing crazy.

$11.58 a ft raw new

$125 shipped for the pair
ol4j1e5fswhb.jpg

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,194
    Options
    Is the Quadrax significantly better than rondo? I have 10ft cables built out of Rondo for the downstairs setup but the quadrax’s look appealing, just not sure if it’s gonna make enough of a difference to justify spending any more money
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,079
    Options
    the Quadrax is a much better cable, IMO
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,007
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I'll take the whole lot if not already spoken for.

EDIT: Let me back-up on that. @stangman67 can have first dibs on the Supra Quadrax. I already have some of that, so don't want to be greedy. I think what is being sold here is the molded, not wrapped, version of the Quadrax. Is that correct, Trey?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    edited November 2022
    Options
    ...Nevermind...silly question...
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    Options
    So...

You want all? 👀 Or...?

This quadrax is molded around the conductors... Not sure of a different kind of quadrax
  • jdjohn
    Options
    I'll give @stangman67 first right of refusal on the Quadrax, but if he declines, then yes, I'll take it all.

I've seen this 'wrapped' Quadrax for sale as well:
    k4ji55qo4tfb.jpg

Either way, though, I'll take the Dueland cables. Those have two conductors, correct...but not necessaribly labeled/distinguished as +/-?

• VR3
    Options
    Man I have never never never seen the quadrax like that... The molded would have much better dampening properties

Yes the duelund is dual conductor, just have to identify the ends when plugging in

Will wait to see if he wants the quadrax
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    edited November 2022
    Options
    It's also a flat braid, no?
    I've seen it. That is why I thought you were so over the moon over it. That is what I thought you had Trey.
  • VR3
    Options
    The quadrax? It's a coax configuration, has the insulated central core but instead of s conductor in the middle it's a string. So the actual conductor wraps around the outside like the shield.

Really a great. Well constructed wire for the money!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,194
    Options
    Go ahead and grab the Quadrax, I’m being very indecisive over here lol
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • VR3
    Options
    All good, Jody, will send a pm!
  • VR3
    Options
    Sold!

Thanks guys
  • VR3
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I've seen it. That is why I thought you were so over the moon over it. That is what I thought you had Trey.

Were you talking about duelund? They do make a flat ribbon style cable, I've never used it. This is a standard looking cable overall
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    I'll give @stangman67 first right of refusal on the Quadrax, but if he declines, then yes, I'll take it all.

I've seen this 'wrapped' Quadrax for sale as well:
    k4ji55qo4tfb.jpg

Either way, though, I'll take the Dueland cables. Those have two conductors, correct...but not necessaribly labeled/distinguished as +/-?
    VR3 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Were you talking about duelund? They do make a flat ribbon style cable, I've never used it. This is a standard looking cable overall

No look at the braid in the picture Jody posted.
  • VR3
    Options
    The braid is identical to the shielding of a coax cable
  • VR3
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Looks like this but there no central conductor

huux5036b11s.jpg
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Here ya go:
    44zq084tylaq.jpg
    The clear 'dielectric' material in the centers gets removed, and then twist the conductor strand bundles together individually, or in pairs, for termination.

I did them in pairs.
    k2cqpt9sb6ag.jpg
    z759pz5qi59g.jpg
    ski0uovxepmf.jpg
    Yes, Trey, that is an old pic before the external crossovers ;)
  • VR3
    Options
    Beautiful quadrax install!

Bare wire is hard to beat!