Options
2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    My bad, I got the name wrong.

Running Springs I believe was the correct name.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tested-running-springs-audio-dmitri-ac-power-conditioner-1/

More and more companies are going to Cardas for wire and cable for their products. George must be doing something right.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I had a P1000 for years. In addition to being the heaviest component I've ever had, the heat sinks on that thing were as sharp as razor blades.

Oh yea... the fins.
    I use use gloves when moving it.
    It's a monster.

Never understood why so sharp?
    Some of Krell's stuff have the deadly fins too.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Anti theft fins...
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Did you ever find anything?

Not yet, still looking !!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    I had purchased a Belkin Pure AV unit here a few years back and it took a dump on me and when it did the HDMI board in my Marantz 8802a went out mysteriously?? It was the only thing plugged into that pos of a power strip conditioner so I’m staying way clear of that route which is certainly inexpensive, you get what ya pay for sure comes to mind ! The Marantz will be back from Gibson Audio Repair soon and I’ll be plugging straight into the wall! Dedicated 20Amp line and I do have whole house surge on our breaker box ! I’ll find a great deal on a nice one and I’m in no rush! Not thinking much better than the Niagara 1200 I use in my bedroom rig as that’s sure been good to me! Patience? Yup I have that !! That’s to all who were trying to help !

THJ
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    I had purchased a Belkin Pure AV unit here a few years back and it took a dump on me and when it did the HDMI board in my Marantz 8802a went out mysteriously?? It was the only thing plugged into that pos of a power strip conditioner so I’m staying way clear of that route which is certainly inexpensive, you get what ya pay for sure comes to mind ! The Marantz will be back from Gibson Audio Repair soon and I’ll be plugging straight into the wall! Dedicated 20Amp line and I do have whole house surge on our breaker box ! I’ll find a great deal on a nice one and I’m in no rush! Not thinking much better than the Niagara 1200 I use in my bedroom rig as that’s sure been good to me! Patience? Yup I have that !! That’s to all who were trying to help !

THJ

Sorry to hear about that brother! I think I sold that to you. I have had a PF30 (little brother) since 2010, and a second one that a bought a few years later, both still work perfectly. Real bummer that yours failed man!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

THJ

Sorry to hear about that brother! I think I sold that to you. I have had a PF30 (little brother) since 2010, and a second one that a bought a few years later, both still work perfectly. Real bummer that yours failed man![/quo

It’s all good. I thought it worked well for a long time and yes it failed but I can’t blame the Marantz failing on that but it was all at once ! I am still on the hunt for something and I’m sure I’ll get it figured out Thanks brother
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Made an offer on this one. Furman IT Reference 20 Discrete Symmetrial Power

Looks to be is amazing shape and not too far of a drive as another seller that's willing to meet half way. Is this one a smart one??
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Furman is good stuff, so I’d say yes.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Audio Advisor is selling a few Audioquest Niagara 1200s with a Y3 power cord for $995 right now. That’s $300 off the regular price with a $189 cord tossed in.

I am noticing more audio sales now.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Audio Advisor is selling a few Audioquest Niagara 1200s with a Y3 power cord for $995 right now. That’s $300 off the regular price with a $189 cord tossed in.

I am noticing more audio sales now.
    Got my first 1200 for 600 dollars brand new in the box so those are not jumping off at me I do like the one I own though ! Thanks !
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Put a fork in this search ! Happy I was patient cpa2b4go4441.jpeg
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    Good one johnny.

Would like to know if you notice any difference in sound thru the conditioner...

Skip
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @tophatjohnny
    …I do have whole house surge on our breaker box !
    THJ
    make and model if you recall?
    A Lowe’s or HD item?

Thanks in advance. Tony

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    That Furman looks interesting. Wonder if there's enough room in the case to retrofit an IEC socket?
    I think so; I’ve been inside them out of curiosity. ….a female IEC socket in Furman MiniPort? Instead of or in addition to the existing 20A receptical?

PCs do exist w/a male IEC on one end and a female on the other. Hmmm…. I had not considered that means to eliminate one connection… …until now.

I’ll try to get back to ya by Friday about the space question, either here or through PM

Tony

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    8iml1txk483g.jpeg
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    @tophatjohnny
    …I do have whole house surge on our breaker box !
    THJ
    make and model if you recall?
    A Lowe’s or HD item?

Thanks in advance. Tony

Company Mr. Electric has their name on a Whole house unit that covers everything besides what ever happens to your anything that’s plugged in to one of your outlets ! Besides that the shiny lite stays on 24/7 and I’m supposed to believe it’s really working but who knows ! Where the heck is Russ 😊🎩
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    What a great addition to my 2 channel rig! It’s like hearing a brand new set up after adding the Furman! It took the place of my Niagara 1200 which now is moved to the spot I was originally looking for a conditioner for my living room HT rig! The 1200 did a nice job but nothing like the Furman! Road trip with my wife was a great time, seller beat us to the meeting spot in Toledo Ohio and what a cool guy he is ! Very happy with the outcome.